Who should replace Vettel? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Who should replace Vettel?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Flavio_C, Jul 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Who should replace Vettel?

1. Alonso

2. Rosberg

3. Button

4. Barrichello

5. Other (please mention)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Excellent book and very enlightening, a must read for everyone who doubts JB ability and contribution

Ricciardo / Leclerc
    Byrne/Binotto/Costa
    Christian Horner

chrixxx, jmillard308 and 375+ like this.
  2. RallyeChris

RallyeChris Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2012
    Northport, NY
    Full Name:
    S.C.Conigliaro
    Ferrari's problem is that they can't effectively field 2 cars with equal attention the way many other teams car. Ferrari can only focus on 1 car, and the second car is lucky to make it the full race distance without incident.

No way could Ferrari manage Leclerc and MV. No way in hell. Ferrari had the perfect #2 in Kimi. Honestly, I think a Kimi/Leclerc pairing would have been ideal. Timing wasn't there, unfortunately. In any event, I do think a more "mature" #2 should pair Lecrerc when Seb does depart. Ironically, Charles needs a similar pairing to the Vettel/Webber pairing of Red Bull. Who should play the role of Webber? That's the multi-million dollar question...

TonyL, daytona355 and Flavio_C like this.
  3. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    Lando Norris

Flavio_C likes this.
  4. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    How old was Schumacher when he returned to F1? ;) Alonso is still young and very talented. Barrichello was a joke. Rosberg may also have that passion to drive Ferrari like other drivers had, who knows?

Still, you wrote a long post and didn't suggest any other driver. :p

5. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Interesting.

6. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Colton Herta.

7. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

Maybe he just didn’t want to say.... I heard he voted for jacques villenuve! Hehehehehehehe :)

Flavio_C likes this.
  8. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    George Russel, he's learning how to wrestle a dog. If our car development continues on its 2019 trajectory that might be useful

Flavio_C likes this.
  9. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    If you look at history, which mostly gives us a good indication of what's achievable, all teams have struggled / failed to provide a car for two drivers for many years. Only McLaren [possibly Williams as well] came close in the Senna / Prost years but the upheaval it caused was damaging to the team. It caused bitter feuds within the team and even someone as powerful as Ron Dennis failed to control.

The Schumacher [MS] / Barrichello [RB] years which was undoubtedly equal to the Senna / Prost domination was skewed massively to MS with RB playing the support role. Anyone going to SF as a No2 is just that.

Look at Mercedes today, they service LH very well but at the detriment to Bottas who is also a consummate racing driver. At one stage in the year I honestly thought they were switching allegiance to Bottas but LH current form suggests otherwise.

Totally agree the SF could not handle CL / MV in the same team, one of them will definitely be shedding bucket load of tears. For stability I would go for Ricciardo, who can win and is stable, CL is plying his trade and his time will come, deep down he knows that and was gifted a golden opportunity to drive for the most charismatic team ever to grace F1. However many have failed because of the pressure, stardom and politics within the team, I sincerely hope this talent will not be thrown to one side just because they fail to realise what they have.

Tony

bmwracer and daytona355 like this.
  10. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    There's nothing wrong with Vettel. No matter who the Scuderia hires now, they need to fix the house first and foremost. Changing or replacing Vettel isn't going to change the results anytime soon.

dflett, stavura and daytona355 like this.
  11. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Personally I think it will change the results, but we will only get 3rd and 4th consistently, with the odd win or no 2, rather than the errors from a guy on $ eye watering per year. Getting the 1-2 realiabilty most of us crave isnt going to happen under the current system. Agree they need to get there weaknesses sorted post haste.

IMHO Vettel is a person who likes the whole team dedication and it shows he has lost confidence in the team and vice versa despite their opinions expressed in interviews. Body language tells me differently.

bmwracer and william like this.
  12. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Hahaha He keep making rookie's mistakes.

All the incidents come from him, not his car, and show the flaws in his racecraft.

bmwracer likes this.
  13. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    The poll results suggest A.N. Other.

or . . . .

Put him in a new team with "Mahk Webbahh". He's sure to dominate.

Flavio_C likes this.
  14. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Simone Resta back to SF, a step in the right direction I feel.

15. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    I was not smart enough to think about Bottas but he is definitely the best guy to replace Vettel: talented, but not so much, years of experience at the dominant force (Mercedes), well-known as someone who obey 100% of team orders. Imagine the amount of valuable info that he can bring to the Scuderia?

16. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    Giovinazzi , it would be nice to have an Italian driver driving for SF , he can develop along Charles and will cost next to nothing

daytona355 likes this.
  17. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    I'm not convinced that Gio has the right stuff.

william and daytona355 like this.
  18. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    I am not either , he has been erratic to say the least but he might make a good #2

daytona355 and 375+ like this.
  19. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Gio is an enigma, great in the simulator, great in tests, good feel for the effect of new parts, but put him in the Alfa and he’s worse than a novice.... can’t understand it. He’s a nice guy too, so it’s a real shame he can’t find his spark to get him going, probably needs one good race, and he’ll be off and running

375+ likes this.
  20. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

He is a winner/won races, multi-team experience and is a capable F1 driver. As I posted earlier I think we under-rate how much he and Charles would push each other. I think this is a capable pairing with potential for good harmony and growth.

444sp and Flavio_C like this.
  21. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    It seems like Giovanazzi is only in F1 now because it was some sort of wish from Marchionne, perhaps to thank for his services at Ferrari...

william likes this.
  22. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    You think so ? I don’t have an educated opinion , I don’t think he is that terrible , has potential

23. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Although I agree that one good race could make the difference, Gio has had adequate time to show us something. The clock is ticking.

bmwracer, pilotoCS and william like this.
  24. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Just swap Hamilton for Vettel ...Vettel would spin his way round the tracks with Bottas in tow and screw Mercedes, whilst Lewis/Leclerc on the way to WDC/WCC.Simples.:)

Flavio_C likes this.