Who still believes in USF1 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Who still believes in USF1

Discussion in 'F1' started by VIZSLA, Nov 6, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Will USF1 make the grid as promised?

1. Yes they will

2. No they won't

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I'm not, but married to one. ;)

2. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    BTW: Surprisingly that you still get a third of the people believing in Santa Clause. Or did those votes come over from Speed TV chatters?

3. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Surprised me as well. Faith and hope over reason? ;)
    BTW I've more then a few Atty.s in my extended family as well. Is there a support group for us

4. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #29 tifosi12, Nov 7, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
    There better be. We got a bunch of them in our family too. We used to be a club of doctors, now it shifted to attorneys. I'm the black sheep, which is obvious since I'm wasting my spare time with racing. Too stupid for opera. ;)

5. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Not an opera buff?
    Don't confuse educated for cultured or passionate.
    Give Puccini a chance:)

6. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #31 tifosi12, Nov 7, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
    I was kidding. I've been to operas quite a bit. Volutarily or unvoluntarily. Puccini is kewl. Lloyd Webber my favorite. IMHO hard to argue with JC Superstar or the Phantom, except that they might be closer to musicals than opera. :)

7. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Can't see the point in the theatre, All that sex and violence. I get enough of that at home. Apart from the sex, of course...:D

8. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Need to go out to the barn for that? :)

9. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    No, not a chance.

10. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Mirage!

11. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

I went to their office and saw the emptiness. I heard the quiet.

Unless the car is being produced somewhere else, I can say with conviction: "Not a chance."

12. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Well you can't argue with that, thanks for checking the place out.

13. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Cool! I don't suppose you were able to snap some pics, were you?

14. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
  15. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

I took pics of the outside. I took the picture of the billboard sign out front and it showed no indication of the tenant inside. (Posted earlier in this thread). Took a pic of the entrance of the industrial park--to show where it is in Charlotte. I went in and asked for a tour. The girl at the receptionist desk couldn't allow it, so I thought it impolite to ask for pictures of the lobby. Check earlier posts for details.

16. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    one of my brain modules must be short circuiting....I think I just read where the big cheese (aka Windsor) says the door is open to the possibility of selling the official team entry to another "outfit" (nice name) and then says at the end of the report "slot is not for sale under any circumstances" - is this not double talk or what? even more reason they give for no one (well mostly everyone anyway) for not believing their stories! he's really making friends with Peter Sauber and Ross Brawn !!!

Carol

from motorsport today

Peter Windsor has hit back at and firmly denied reports that USF1 will certainly not be ready for the 2010 season because it is not yet crash-testing parts for its car.

The reports also said Windsor, the new Charlotte-based team's sporting director as well as a Formula One journalist, has left the door open to the possibility of selling the official team entry to another outfit.

"The report seemed to come out of Switzerland/Germany, the land of BMW-Sauber," he told the online magazine GPWeek, referring to the fact that the Hinwil based team has not yet been granted a guaranteed berth on the 2010 grid.

Windsor said "several" components for the 2010 car have been "successfully" crash-tested, and that more tests will take place this and next month.

He denied he recently voted in favour of having the ability to sell USF1's entry, and also shed doubt on the context of quotes attributed to Ross Brawn, where the Brackley based team's boss seemed to question whether USF1 will be ready to debut next March.

"Back in the real world, we're re-furbishing some trucks we've just bought from Brawn," said Windsor.

"As for USF1 Team, I can only repeat what Ken (Anderson) and I have been saying ever since we signed the Concorde Agreement: our slot is not for sale under any circumstances and we will be racing, and giving it 100 per cent, from Bahrain onwards."

17. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David

What could be clearer? :)
    Those tricky Swiss/Germans are out to get them.

18. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.

It reads to me like poor editorializing by the writer. The actual quote from Windsor implies "no sale", but the open door comment is what the author tells us is in the text.

19. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    #44 jknight, Nov 9, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
    question on crash testing - Windsor says they've already crash tested components (he didn't specify if computer generated crash testing or for real crash testing, perhaps more air?)- where is this done, assume it's the FIA and not the teams - found this interesting article on crash testing - read the last sentence in part 5

http://www.dynalook.com/european-conf-2009/B-I-02.pdf

Carol

just read this too: Crash structures are either bolted (front & rear) or bonded (side) to the chassis. Teams tend to carry out "internal crash-testing" by mounting only the crash structure on the rig. Once they are happy, they do official crash test on an actual monocoque in front of the FIA guy.

One problem of the crash test is that try-and-error is required. The team need some pre-tests before they can perform the FIA test.

Also, you need to have some idea whether the shapes of your nose cone and rear crash structure are in fact feasible to pass the test before commiting yourself to that aero package.

If you start from the scratch, have nothing to copy from, had enough time to prepare (unlike Lotus), then some test should have been done long ago.

AND

this too from someone in Brazil: I'm from Brazil and I was listening an interview with Bruno Senna today on the radio.

He said Campos F1 car has already passed in side and front crash tests.

20. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    As regards the pole, for every 1 person thinking it will happen 2 think it won't.

21. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    well if they've just mailed the entry fee, and got 2 or 3 transporters even used, there's a cool $700K+. Who wrote those checks? What does shop space go for in NC? 17 cars in the carpark = at minimum $10K+ per week salary and work/comp.

if they pre sold the HD films we are lusting for they might have got how much from Speed/Fox? Look what it did for Orange County Choppers!

I just have a problem with the gushings of the front man.....

22. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    #47 It's Ross, Nov 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  23. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Now that is my style of humour!

24. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    subcontracting to Pratt & Miller wouldn't be cheap, my understanding is that they are in the supplier line to PeeWee's team.

25. thecheddar

thecheddar Formula 3

Jun 29, 2006
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Cheddar, The
    I'm getting the feeling that some of the "doubt" may be less based in fact that just plain old hatin'. I could very well be wrong but the tone and relish expressed here seems disproportionate to the news.

F1 has been very Euro-centric and the mere notion of an American team gets plenty of eye-rolling. While I have no doubt they're having teething problems, the doubt and dismissal of a program so veiled in secrecy as theirs (as all F1 programs are at this point) doesn't quite fit.