Who will be watching the F-1 season? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Who will be watching the F-1 season?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 007, Feb 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Rate your level of interest in F-1

1. Never miss a race on TV.

2. Catch one or two a year on TV, check the standings now and then.

3. Never have seen a race.

4. Don't like F-1.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I never miss a race.Once or twice the cable went out back when digital cable first come out and speedchannel was a digital channel(it's not anymore) then I followed the online timing and scoring.

2. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    I would love to watch all the F1 races and practice sessions on TV;

However, I am too cheap to buy the speed channel;

So I get to watch F1 once or twice a year.

3. labcars

labcars Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Phila. + Scottsdale
    Notwithstanding the occasional processional parade an F1 race can sometimes be, it sure beats go fast, turn left, closed wheel racing. I agree that leveling the playing field would make it more interesting - more driver, less technology/car, but I'm still addicted and cant wait for March!

4. Jameel

Jameel Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Canada
    Buddy you consider NASCAR racing. Come on, any monkey can drive around in a circle. Heck I could probably be competitive in NASCAR. It's the stupidest kind of racing (behind drag racing) I've ever seen. I don't understand the people that watch NASCAR or any motor-racing that goes around in a circle.

Look how talented I'm, I can keep my foot on the accelerator, give a slight degree of input on the wheel. All I have to do is let off the gas when a car is in front of me and I'm the greatest NASCAR driver in the world!

Don't get me wrong I'm not implying F1, of late has been very entertaining (although last year was pretty good in recent memory). But I watch it for (the rare) passes and the ability these guys can take corners in these magnificent cars. Although the best racing I like watching was the SpeedVision challenge (both the GT and Touring Cars). Now that was some good competitive racing. But F1 is the ultimate and that's why I never miss a race (on TV).

5. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    I too got the Ferrari bug through F1 racing too. That was back in the early 90s I guess. But ever since then I've watched it, read the articles about it, and recently have been getting into the more technical side of it. That is the part that really interests me. They often compare F1 cars to fighter planes, and it isn't hard to see why. I'm trying to put together a group trip with my friends this year to head out to see the USGP. If I make it it'll be my first F1 race in person, but diffinetly not my last.

6. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    You'll be blown away by the sound. Nothing on TV can ever transmit that kind of sound. And the stadium of Indy is one of the best places to experience that (aside from Monaco's harbour or the Hockenheim Motodrom).

7. Maximo_Tifoso

Maximo_Tifoso Karting

Jan 8, 2004
    Houston TX
    I'm a f1 freak!!! I will be supporting la scuderia just like I have since I was kid....early 80's

8. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    I'm a big F1 fan..
    I never miss a race even its early in the morning or late at night.
    Forza Ferrari!

9. funshipone

funshipone Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2002
    Harrison Twp. Mi. US
    Full Name:
    John Bicsak
    I either watch as happening or tape, didn't miss one race last year. I saw US GP last year live in the rain. I also saw GP live when they used to race though streets of down town Detroit love the sound.

10. SteveB

SteveB Karting

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve Barker
    It is the only thing that I have to watch on TV.

I'm not sure what I would do if Speed TV stopped televising it. Hopefully someone else would pick it up.

Steve

11. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Ill be watching thats for sure.

12. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    I have no, real interest in F1. I'll read about the races/results in the various magazines, but honestly, could live without it. I feel the same way about other sports as well.

13. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    I just love formula ! racing and try to watch all the races. I have been to Indy 2 times, the firtst 2 races and once to Brazil. The early start times are rough but I manage. I think the races are a happening and each takes on its own character and excitment.

14. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I know i usually just end up staying up all night to see them. ( which isnt hard since i dont sleep anyways ever.)

15. loungedog

loungedog Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    New Market, Ontario
    I love watching the qualifing as much the racing :)

16. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    Squidracing - you got it exactly right - it's the gestalt of the F1 "circus".

17. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    Well they are not on this site ;) Did you see the number of people on this site this watch every race 90%....

18. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift

It's a self-selecting question. If people don't care, they're not going to open the thread :)

19. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I think you're right about that one.

From my own experience with the Ferrari club I have to say it is a rather small fraction of owners who actually care about F1. It truly is shocking and for the life of me I don't understand it. I mean if Ferrari would quit F1, I would trade my car for a manufacturer who still is in F1. That is not an exaggeration, that is truly how I feel.

20. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    What a question?
    Normally I never miss a race, and I try to be in Spa-Francorchamps every time F1 passes here (back on in 2004!!! Yes!!!)
    Last year I missed one race (Germany), but I had a good reason; I had a F355 Spider for the weekend, so I drove my own German GP on the autobahn!

21. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Kindly tell me what gestalt means please.

22. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    Obviously both of you missed my posting on page two of this thread.

Why? Don't you at least like your car when you're driving it? Didn't you buy your car because you like the car?

I'm not trying to start flames, I just don't understand these comments.

23. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Allways enjoy F1,count me in
    Dale.

24. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    I usually never miss an F1 race on the TV. This year will be an exception though as I already have my Tickets for Monaco!! Anyone else going?

25. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    Have missed very few races over the last 15 years.