Who will win their 5th world championship first | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Who will win their 5th world championship first

Discussion in 'F1' started by CRG125, Nov 26, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    hopefully not boring ass Mercedes again. soooo ready for another team to get into the mix like Red Bull. Hopefully we can have a 2010 esque championship with multiple teams/drivers in the mix

2. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    totally except not at all

3. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    This years best chassis didn’t come from merc or Ferrari. They came from RB and, so it’s rumored, McLaren. So... come on Renault! Sort that engine out so we can have a 4 way battle for the title!

Bas likes this.
  4. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Alonso v Vettel v Max v Hamliton v Sainz v Ricci. That would be worth buying a ticket for ! C'mon Renault !!!

Bas and vinuneuro like this.
  5. Juli

Juli Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2014
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Julian
    I hope Vettel is going to win first.

NEP and Bas like this.
  6. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    This should be a no brainer,Lewis.I really hope Ferrari can mount another impressive challenge.

7. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Unfortunately, you are right, the only way this discussion is validated is if Mercedes advantage is negated either by the FIA dropping their stupid no testing rules, or one of the teams making an impossibly good development that is able to gain over half a second a lap over the winter, while Mercedes stand still - pretty much impossible and unlikely. Course, I suppose bottles could grow a pair and take the fight to elton, but toto will just have his car nobbled again like they did early on this season

8. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    One has to take into account the management of a team. Todt, Brawn, and Michael all together made Ferrari the winning team. And they didn't do it over night...it took a few years to build the entire operation as well as the car. But then, as those pieces left Ferrari, the team became unstable and Alonzo and a new team took over. Red Bull with Vettle and Horner ran for another string...but then Mercedes, with a better engine, put together Wolff, Lauda, and Hamilton and the magic began. (Rosberg was good and lucky...but he didn't have what it takes to be a multiple year champion.) Vettle has a small chance to win the championship and Ferrari might even come up with a slightly faster car in 2018 as they did in the first half of this year. But I put my money on the total Mercedes team to meet and beat the challenge. Ferrari is still a weak team, it doesn't have a Brawn or a Todt or a Wolff or a Lauda or a Horner who can make it all happen.

9. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

I agree with most of that, except the rosberg point, because without toto and rat holding him back and meddling, he could easily have won two titles at least, rather than just the one, he had the measure of elton a lot of the time, and was a more calm and calculating driver. Elton had the benefit of orders over rosberg and he still managed to take last years title out the baby’s fingers