Who works on your car in the St. Louis area? | FerrariChat

Who works on your car in the St. Louis area?

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by surfdoc37, Nov 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. surfdoc37

surfdoc37 Karting

Nov 19, 2004
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Mark M.
    Need to find a mechanic.

Since I have to give a state certified emissions repair facility $450 before getting an emissions waiver on my smokey old '84 Mondial, it would be great if they would do something useful to the car for the money, too, so if your guy does emissions all the better.

Hate the thought of taking a $25k car out to the Bentley dealership.......

2. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Mark,

I responded to your inquiry at the technical section. Unfortunately, Bentley/Maserati is my first choice. Rate maybe "hefty" but they do it right
    the first time and I have been very pleased with my dealings with them.

Regards,
    Ron

3. Exoticbro

Exoticbro Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    St.Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Chuck Ligon
    Surfdoc37,

Ths only other place not mentioned is Erwin Schwartz at Brentwood and Manchester.
    I had Reid Vann work on my 930 to get it to pass emmissions.
    I sent you an e-mail also, feel free to give me a call.

Chuck

4. surfdoc37

surfdoc37 Karting

Nov 19, 2004
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Mark M.
    Thanks....I double posted, not sure if anyone checked the MO section or not!

I was set to take the Mondial over to GLB, who had done previous work on the car, but they aren't certified by the state for emissions work.

Had a nice chat for about 15 minutes with Tim at the Bentley shop, will probably go that route.

5. LopeAlong

LopeAlong Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    West of St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Mark,
    I had to crank back my injection to get my '83 308 to pass, I guess the cats are just about shot. I adjusted it back where I thought it should be, but certainly did not want to risk a hole in the piston(s). I also needed some work done on a wheel bearing and electricals so on Exoticbro's (Chuck) suggestion I took it to Reid Vann. They double checked my setting and fortunately it was perfect. They mentioned they did emission work all the time. Nice folks. Good luck!
    Jim

6. Indigo

Indigo Karting

Dec 13, 2004
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I was going to suggest GLB until you said that. If you don't want to pay the Bentley prices, I would go to GLB without hesitation.