Who would be interested in racing a Challenge 348 or 355 or 360 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Who would be interested in racing a Challenge 348 or 355 or 360

Discussion in 'Challenge/GT Cars/Track' started by Cavallino Motors, Sep 22, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Would you be interested in running a Challenge car in a new series?

1. No...I like to track my car but not race it

2. Yes in a controlled no wheel 2 wheel contact series

3. Yes but it has to be all out, full racing

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    The 13/13 rule seems to depend on deep pockets. If I (or my sponsors) could walk away from a $100K mashed up pile of aluminum 3 or 4 times a season with no grief, to hell with the 13/13 rule! If on the other hand $100K means a lot to the owner (or $6-12M in the case of Bruce McCaw, Rob Walton, Jon Shirley, etc.) then the 13/13 rule facilitates aggressive, exciting racing and puts the idiots back in their trailers. I guess my racing idols are guys like Hurley Haywood and Hans Stuck who typically don’t crash on lap one of a 12-24 hour race and can go “flat-out” getting the most out of a car (often a crippled car) for 24 hours to win.

I ran with the 13/13 rule for years in vintage and club racing and had great fun. Just one dog’s opinion.

2. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Martin,

We are all ametuers except a very few. So the typical PCA type rules are the obvious choice. I'm o.k. with contact but don't want any. I am my own pit crew and mechanic and personally I'll back off the gas if my choice is to win that cool plastic karate trophy cup or spend 5 hours doing body work. Anyway I'd do a series. Somehow we would have to work out transport for cars from here to there. I do not kow how to reliably do that and tools and tires etc.. without significant expense. The other issue is how much weight would you have to dump into a 360 so the 348 are competative? The 360 guys would have no fun with 900lbs of ballast. So assuming the 348/355 is just not competative those guys are out for a no contact joy ride and the 360's will get to practice going around moving chicanes. But...it would still be fun in a 348 and perhaps a 348 will get by a 360... if it breaksdown.

3. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    By the way, just in case through some sort of weird circumstances you guys end up with more cars than drivers, please, by ALL means, feel free to give me a holler:)

4. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Okay so CHRA is over. Mark from TX was an excellent driver and kind to wave while he passed me on and on during the enduro race :)

Unfortunately only 2 other 355CH at the event.

So not much to get info there. Looks like Mark had a great time, David Moore from Moorespeed may have one or two more people from the TX region.
    Charlie Jn, who turned 17 the day of the Enduro, finished 1st in class and did an awesome job out there. So talented. Gosh I wish I was young again :) Sure he would run with us every now and then.

To sum this up. I start to doubt that we can get enough people going. I will start another poll with different regions to see how many people we can get together.
    Lets see if this is worth to look into further.

Martin