Who Wraps? | FerrariChat

Who Wraps?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by ag512bbi, Mar 4, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Any GREAT recommendations to clear coat Wrap my F512M. Must be mobile.
    Thank You

Sky Hye likes this.
  2. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    Pfs or ultimate shield are the best hands down. I’ve experience with both and both are amazing. You get what you pay for. I did full PPF on scud at ultimate shield and we just did the performante at pfs l. Don’t cheap out in a nobody

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig
    We only use Xpel, which we are a dealer and install at the shop. I could see if the techs could come to you if you wanted to message me and if have any interest.

4. Prancinghorse619

BANNED

May 10, 2017
    D'elegance Detailing 619-718-0031 has XPEL, Suntek, and 3m. They can come to you if you have a garage otherwise they are located in San Diego. But on the 512 since it is an older car I would prefer a good detail with ceramic coating. Typically older paints lift when you remove PPF. I had the same problem on my older cars. Also when it comes time for removal usually they make you sign a release of liability. All things to think about when doing PPF.

5. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Ugh, That's scary. The car already has an old crappy Clear wrap that needs to be removed. Scary though that makes sense!

Testarossa Lover likes this.
  6. Prancinghorse619

BANNED

May 10, 2017
    Yea it is unfortunate that a lot of these PPF businesses do not tell you these things. They just want the business. Luckily D'elegance tells you all the pros and cons to everything allowing you to make an informed decision. Usually he doesn't recommend his customers get clear bra if the car is old, has been repainted improperly, or has relatively fresh paint. The exceptions to that rule usually include if you plan on tracking the car or doing a lot of rallys. And if he does do clear bra he requires you follow up with ceramic coating even though some of the films these days come with some ceramic coating in them.

You may get lucky and no paint will lift. But in my experience it has happened to me and it was very upsetting. If the paint doesn't lift I personally would probably not put clear bra back on it cause imho you dodged a bullet. But to each their own. Regardless whatever you decide I wish you the best.

7. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    Armen, don't risk it unless it is really bad. I used Protective Film Solutions for my windshield, they do great work and you might want to inquire with them.