Whos Gone Backwards in Terms of Ferrari Model Ownership? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Whos Gone Backwards in Terms of Ferrari Model Ownership?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ihavearedferrari, Dec 6, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    I recommend resuming search for the hen's tooth. My gated 430 spider is my favourite car of everything I have owned (not the best, just my favourite). I think everyone has a sweet spot in terms of era. Mine seems to be late 90s-mid 00s. I'm not sure I would swap the 430 for a 458, certainly not a 488, even though it is a backward step compared to the newer cars. I wouldn't trade my gated 575 for a 599 or a F12.

But I wouldn't go the other way either. I prefer my 575 to my F512M. A 275 has beauty and style that the 575 lacks, but I don't love driving them.

It's very personal, isn't it? You could as equally say the 430 is backward compared to modern cars, or too digital compared to older ones.

daytona355, G. Pepper and anunakki like this.
  2. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    This thread has been one of the more thought provoking and entertaining reads.

3. belfry

belfry Formula Junior

May 14, 2015
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robert Batt
    I have gone, 612, 360 then Mondial T coupe. These are all weekend cars and I needed the analogue experience. 300hp in a manual (gated) V8 Ferrari from 1990 is the one that entertains me the most.

paulchua likes this.
  4. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I haven’t “gone back” in the sense of trading out a newer car for older. But with having a 458, an F12 and a Speciale I purchased a 16M which just has an amazingly fun old-school feel about it.
    I relinquished a Pista allocation knowing that going forward I likely will be looking to spend money on cars like 599 GTO, Scud, and 360CS.
    If cars are to all be electric assist/hybrid/turbos, too quick to enjoy on public roads, then without question “older tech is better tech” for me.

paulchua likes this.
  5. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Very classy. I would definitely take a 16M over a Pista. With a Pista you just arrive in a different place at the same time without noticing the in between. Amazing, sure, but fun, no.

6. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    I went from 599, then Scuderia, followed by Italia to a 575SA which I enjoyed the most.
    Now, I don't have any, my wife has a Lusso but I don't even drive it or even have a desire to drive it.
    When we go out, I prefer to take my S8 instead.

7. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I kinda did. After the LaF & F12, I bought a Daytona and F512M

daytona355, xplodee and Rossocorsa1 like this.