Who's In Your Summer Concert Lineup? | FerrariChat

Who's In Your Summer Concert Lineup?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Piper, Jul 16, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    It's great to be getting back to live music again. Man, I missed it. Still spotty, not everyone touring and not everyone hitting DC. I'm an old metal head and tend to gravitate toward hard rock. Last concert I saw was Yngwie Malmsteen. Got tickets for RItchie Kotzen, Michael Shenker and John Petrucci who's touring with Mike Portnoy, just a few dates and thankfully one close by. A lot of the artists I want to catch have been hours away or festivals which I'm a little old for. I'm hoping the wife starts dragging me out to more folksy stuff at the outdoor venues again soon. She hasn't quite caught the bug again like I have. We'll get there. Who are you all catching live this season?

2. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    Just sat front row for Jim Messina. Sang a ton of hits from his past bands, Buffalo Springfield, Poco and 7 albums with Loggins and Messina. He sounded great, and still had that special sound out of his Strat's and other guitars. Did a 20 minute question and answer after the small show for about 500.

Going in October to see the Doobie Brothers with Michael McDonald. Liked them both separate and together. Sitting up front again. At 70, I see no need to scrimp and sit in the back, as we are getting to fewer and fewer shows each year.

3. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Absolutely. I came to that conclusion by middle age tho because I'd seen so many concerts by then that I just felt if I couldn't get up close, it was a disappointment. The general admission concerts are getting tough. To be up close, you have to be there early and on your feet for hours. I have a couple of those coming up and I'm not sure how many more years I can handle that. I'm just 55 but have arthritis.

JAM1 and Texas Forever like this.
  4. muk_yan_jong

muk_yan_jong Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2008
    Full Name:
    Brian McK
    Caught Samantha Fish (HOLY (*&*%!!!!!) a few months ago. Had her rock hat on and show was HARD. Shouldn't be surprised, but what a loud and funky show.

Just saw Dead and Co at JLL (still want to say Nissan after all these years) and that was great. Good memories and respectful playing by Mayer.

JAM1 and Piper like this.
  5. JasonMiller

JasonMiller F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 16, 2004
    Co Springs/ Texas
    Full Name:
    Jason Miller
    Already seen this summer,
    Kraftwerk
    Psychedelic furs
    Lost 80s live (tons of 80s acts)
    And even though I leave for work in Africa Satuday, I am flying home to Colorado for a week and going to see Gary Newman,
    Sadly I will miss Echo and the Bunnymen, Bauhaus, and Peter Hook.

I guess you figured by know I am an 80s music fan

Texas Forever likes this.
  6. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Darius Rucker 10/2 at Red Rock, can't wait.

7. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    You may focus on the seated venues and buy the vip experiences to get quicker entry, meet and greets, etc. Another good option is using band’s official pages and membership for early tickets and additional experiences. I have also used sites like charitybuzz to buy the better seats and experience packages. Not only do you get access to cool stuff, it goes to charity which is awesome too.

A good friend of mine shared years ago the importance of going to any events you can and doing it “all the way” if you’re in a position to do it. Front row. VIP tours and access. Meet and greets. Do it all. It’s something I’ve embraced and it makes all of those shows, concerts, and sporting events all the more enjoyable and memorable.

8. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    This year we saw Dave Matthews, Elton John, Santana, John Mayer, Journey, Toto, Joe Bonamassa, Leo Kottke, Poison, Def Leopard, and Motley Crue. Remaining shows are Scorpions, Cinderella, Alice In Chains, Bush, Breaking Benjamin, Smashing Punpkins, Janes Addiction, Joe Satriani, Ani Difranco, and Chris Stapleton. Really glad to have live music events back in full swing post covid!

Piper and NYC Fred like this.
  9. tKiZP3uR

tKiZP3uR Rookie

Sep 8, 2022
    I saw Dead and Co (Chicago and Pittsburgh) and Morgan Wallen.

10. Sunshine1

Sunshine1 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2011
    Miami
    These past months, we saw The Eagles, then Elton John, then Paul McCartney. Later this year: Foreigner