Who’s Max’ teammate 2020? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Who’s Max’ teammate 2020?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Igor Ound, Aug 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

?

Poll closed Oct 30, 2019.
  1. Albon

75.0%
  2. Gasly

2.5%
  3. Hulkenberg

10.0%
  4. Kyvat

2.5%
  5. Vettel

7.5%
  6. Other, specify...

2.5%
  1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Albon's performance at Spa certainly improved his profile tremendously, mostly since the Red Bull management could concentrate on watching him after Max' first corner fracas !
    Albon in fact delivered exactly what Verstappen failed to do; a solid point scoring finish, since their car wasn't in the same league (on that day) as the Ferraris and Mercedes.
    Albon kept a cool head, and Max got carried away by the red mist.
    I like the guy more and more, and I think there is more to come from him.

bmwracer likes this.
  2. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    And he did a whole lot of exactly what Marko complained Gasly couldn’t do. Overtake.

Gotta say the move on Ricciardo was impressive!

kes7u, stavura and william like this.
  3. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    It was all CGI, since we know that overtaking without DRS is not possible due to aero ....................

4. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Lewis does because he has the first two, the best car and the best team... take that away from him and the question is whether the third (mental attitude) will not be gone as well. We saw quit often how Lewis reacted on the smallest inconveniences, imagine him having big ones...

On the other side give Max or Seb the best car and the best team and the mental attitude will most likely come as well. I guess neither of us questions that all three of them have the skills...

And fortunately you are not a moderator so it is not up to you to decide who is invited to this conversation or not
    If you can't deal with other people opinion it might be better if YOU stay away from this conversation...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

5. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Not as impressive as the move on the last lap on the dirty Mexican after said Mexican played dirty and pushed Albon off into the grass...

Did he moan and groan about it? Nope, laughed it off and told folks it was quite the bit of fun.

daytona355 likes this.
  6. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    It always makes me laugh out loud when anyone suggests that Elton has great mental fortitude..... they clearly haven’t listened to ANY of his radio when things don’t quite go to plan, nor take heed of the anxiety and weakness on display when publishing telemetry on Twitter, threatening to leave the team if they don’t back him over a teammate into whom he just collided with from behind (and therefore his own fault), trying to force a teammate into the clutches of the rest of the pack while leading a race explaining that if he can’t win the championship, then it doesn’t matter to him if he loses the race for the team, parking up miles from park ferme at the end of the race when beaten convinced the team made him pit incorrectly yet forgetting he had demanded said pitstop........ the list goes on

Even I have never said Elton isn’t a fast and capable driver, but the best mentally he is not...l. Alonso was very strong mentally, he could lock bad thoughts away while he raced, and not care a jot about anything but his performance when he had a chance to win (you can forget his time in the formula Honda, he knew he had little chance of finishing, let alone winning, so he didn’t need to knuckle down too much)

7. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Judging by Sunday's performance? Albon.

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  8. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    It's very easy to be in the ''perfect mental state'' when you're in the best team and the best car (by miles), and have been for the past 5 years.

But Lewis is far more fragile than people believe.

Jeronimo GTO, VPX, stavura and 4 others like this.
  9. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK

10. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    When things aren't going perfect for Lewis during the course of a race, he likes to put on a bit of a show on the radio. I think, and I guess it's not a widely shared opinion, that if he didn't complain a bit it would come off as if he doesn't care.

Alonso would complain during the race and after. His public slagging of Honda is something that I find unforgivable.

william likes this.
  11. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    That was only equalled by Marko and Horner of Red Bull constantly slagging off their Partner Renault over the years.

12. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    here we go again...

stavura and daytona355 like this.
  13. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I presume you aren’t seriously requiring me to refrain from posting in this thread? I thought you and I understood each other. And you are correct we are ALL entitled to our opinions, not just Elton’s fans

stavura and Bas like this.
  14. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Off course not. Anybody can post. You and I agree on lots of things; other than Elton to which I ignore your posts. :)

If we all agreed on everything life would be very boring! I’m guessing you prefer blondes; where I prefer brunettes... no conflict...happy days.

Anyway, answer is most likely Albon.

stavura, Bas, Jeronimo GTO and 2 others like this.
  15. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

:):):)
    Cannot we have 1 of each. Blonde and brunette??:):D

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  16. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

Why only one of each..... there are 24 hours in a day, and seven days in a week.... don’t spread yourself so thickly, spread it out son, I believe in helping big numbers of girls.... don’t be selfish! I had three dates in one day last week when I was off banned...I was tired, but glad to have helped the three of them all enjoy their time with me! (I hope er indoors doesnt read this, she will know where I was!)

stavura, Bas and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  17. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Sid, nurses don't count

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

18. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Hehehehe..... they all count when the kissing starts! One of em bandaged my leg up to look like one of scooby doo’s monster mummy’s the other day, but she was hot, and as I walked out of the hospital with her number clasped in my hand, the dressing fell completely down and I had to redo it myself!

Bas likes this.