Who's thinking about adding a Mclaren in 2016 ? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Who's thinking about adding a Mclaren in 2016 ?

Discussion in 'British' started by RichardCH, Dec 27, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Maadalfa

Maadalfa Karting

Aug 19, 2014
    A Mac What? Donalds?

2. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Issues are constant new models and model confusion in market.........plus side : on DRIVING FUNDAMENTALS AND ENGINEERING they have overtaken Ferrari mid engine range in 5 years. A staggering achievement.

3. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Of course I am comparing to a POST 458 N/A world

4. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    You waiting for the new version of the FF

5. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    Had 2 458s and added a 12c. Sold both 458s and never looked back. 675LT on the way.

6. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    Reading Jan 2016 EVO on the 570S "there's just enough roll in the body to give a clear indication of how hard the car is being worked, but it's the relationship between the driving position and the chassis loadings that makes you feel as connected as you do in the 570S. You're hardwired into the car, downloading its messages and uploading your inputs on intuition."

MAC obviously got many things wrong initially at he beginning but I just wonder if like Porsche and Ferrari they have some of the best chassis engineers in the world.

7. bkthomps

bkthomps Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2012
    USA
    it won't

the 12C depreciation was mostly due to people getting ridiculously low (we're talking 50-70k off MSRP) prices on the 650s to keep their loyalty to the brand, this lead to a lot of 12C's hitting the market, it won't happen again

the 650s will depreciate, but slower than the 12C- the 12C i believe is hitting rock bottom of it's big slide, and the 675LT will hold value, if not go up)

They don't NEED to improve on the 650s very much to sell more of them, so I don't see them bringing out another model as fast as you may think they are, the best value on market right now is the 12C, so i just bought one

i'm keeping my ferrari

8. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al
    Maybe a 570S in two years. I'll let someone else take the depreciation, thank you.

Sent by incredibly fast electrons

9. JB833

JB833 Karting

Jan 3, 2015
    London
    Yes I am, but I do like the current one and will probably get that. Just got in from a 300 mile round trip today in the 458...what a lovely car!

10. LMPDesigner

LMPDesigner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Atlanta Georgia
    They are dead boring cars
    Both to drive and look at
    Did a huge back to back comparison of the Macca the 458 Speciale Porsches lambos you name it when designing the new Ford Gt
    The only unanimous vote by all who participated was that the Macca was plain dull
    On the track it was as quick as a 458 but harder to get there and on the road no one rated it at all
    Best car there? Heads and shoulders above all else was the 458 Speciale

11. Liquid Assets

Liquid Assets Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2009
    Cloud 9
    I have a 675LT Spider coming and couldn't be more excited. Amazing machines!

12. gef3rd

gef3rd Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 21, 2009
    Palos Verdes Estates
    Full Name:
    George
    Just signed paperwork on a 675LT tonight. Will be here in 2-5 days so may fall into 2016. While people are waiting for it to depreciate, I'll be enjoying it.

13. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    Serious question - why get a 675LT now when the P14 will be here in 2016 and will almost certainly be the better car?

14. Midnight Oil

Midnight Oil Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 29, 2006
    You're not including the 675lt in your macca's are plain dull comment are you?

Respect to you and whoever else was involved on the new ford gt design, it's stunning.

15. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    I think Mac make very good cars and tick all the performance boxes - I just find them bland and would never buy one. I think the same of the majority of Porsches also but not the GTs although again having driven them I wouldn't buy one. Over the years Ferrari have produced some terrible cars but as a brand they seem to have a different core to the others. Will be interesting to see if I feel the same as we move into the turbo and electric world of super cars!!!

16. gef3rd

gef3rd Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 21, 2009
    Palos Verdes Estates
    Full Name:
    George
    There's always a "better" car around the corner. Can't enjoy the "better" car today. Maybe the P14 shows up in 2016, maybe 2017. Who really knows? Who says it's better?

I had a 2008 Scuderia and sold it for a 2013 458. Was the 458 a better car? I still to this day regret selling the Scud. Different? Yes. Better? Not always.

17. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Speciale comfortably the best car I have ever driven or owned. Love it. Can't really agree that the Macs are dull though. Perhaps if you are speaking solely in a relative manner, but then so many cars that are not really dull are dull compared to a Speciale.

Had a 430 before I owned a 12C. Would not have swapped back.

18. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    I understand the logic. But there's a big difference between a Scud and a 458, for example. Those are entirely different cars. The Macs are all basically the same car, each with minor improvements over the prior version.

19. The Nutsack

The Nutsack Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2014
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Would be interested to hear more detail about your impressions of the 12C relative to the 430 and why you preferred the 12C

20. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    The P14 is not coming until summer 2017
    I have a 650S Spider and a 675LT…I have owned both Speciale Coupe and Speciale Aperta (current F-car) and the 650S definitely competes with those cars and is a better convertible than the Aperta due to the carbon chassis. It depreciates faster than yesterday's newspaper, which is a big problem, but the car is definitely not dull…It is also more usable as a daily driver; the car rides beautifully and is very comfortable. I am definitely getting the P14

I haven't driven the 675LT yet (still sitting at the dealer), but I will keep you posted when I do.

McLaren make very good cars now and having seen the 570S in the metal, I must -reluctantly- admit that it looks like a lot of car for the money. I hated the looks when I saw the first pictures, but they seem to have done a good job after all…The interior is terrific and road tests seem to rate it higher than anything else costing similar money

21. 1mean3

1mean3 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 26, 2012

Dude, I like the way you roll

22. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Congrats on the new one and post shots of that beauty when it arrives. Will be curious as to your comparison/comments after a few weeks with it.

23. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    +1 The OP said "add" not replace and I agree that Mac make an amazing car. Have the 650S Spyder and have driven it "hard" and it is amazing. When I look for the keys I take the Mac over the Speciale as for messing around town its just an easier ride. The more I drive it the more I like it.

24. gef3rd

gef3rd Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 21, 2009
    Palos Verdes Estates
    Full Name:
    George
    #49 gef3rd, Jan 3, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I guess I shouldn't wait for the P14 since it will be a minor improvement over the 675LT. Car will be delivered this Monday or Tuesday and break in is 625 miles. Since you're local you are more than welcome to take it for a spin after I get her broken in. You only get the full experience at redline. Just send me a pm.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

a beast!!!!!!!