WHO'S YOUR COLLEGE FOOTBALL TEAM? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

WHO'S YOUR COLLEGE FOOTBALL TEAM?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by bennett, Jul 26, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Actually, I don't think that FSU joined the ACC until the early 90s. :)

You also need to keep in mind that FSU was horrible in the early 70s before Bowden. We lost something like 22 games straight.

I don't know from personal experience, but I somehow doubt that Bobby's recruiting habits were any worse than anyone else. :)

Dale

2. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I guess this is going to be the year when he finally passes Bear Bryant in 1A wins. I suppose it had to come sometime.

3. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    This sounds very much like UCF in recent years. I'm glad to see O'Leary doing well with them winning and making it to their first bowl game this past December. Even though I'm a UF alum, I still like to see all Florida universities do well in football, just not against UF ;)

4. bennett

bennett Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    CHARLOTTE, NC USA
    Full Name:
    Bennett
    I never doubted that Bobby was a genius. He would have fit in very well with the old school Tide mentality, and would have been readily accepted by Tide fans, except that he KNEW that coming in after the Bear was never going to be an easy fit, unless he did what the Bear had done. Fair? Maybe not, but it will happen at Penn State when Paterno leaves, it did happen at Florida when Spurrier left, and it will happen to the Seminoles when Bobby finally does call it quits, at the ripe old age of 120.

5. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I cannot even imagine being the poor soul who will step into Paterno's place. Seriously. It took us 20 years to finally settle down during a coaching search.
    I suppose, in a way, it is nice to have our big change behind us. FSU and Penn State fans, etc. are in for some rough roads for a long time. They have no idea.

Take it from someone who knows first hand about this sort of thing.

6. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Huh, ain't you never heard of the dead hand? Bobby is real religious from what I hear.

Unfortunately, you're probably right. We can even git over losing an offensive coordinator.

Dale

7. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    It is during this part conversation when I as an Alabama fan, am prompted to hum the Aggie War Hymn.
    :)

8. bennett

bennett Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    CHARLOTTE, NC USA
    Full Name:
    Bennett
    Keep singing it.

9. bruceski3

bruceski3 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    East TN
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    I am part of the Nation, The Orange Nation. University of Tennessee !!!

10. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    ^Mercedes is on your cheerleading team?! Bottom row, second from left.