Why are divorces so expensive... | FerrariChat

Why are divorces so expensive...

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by FloridaToAtlanta, Jun 23, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FloridaToAtlanta

May 30, 2018
    Atlanta Georgia
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Because they’re worth it!!!

And you can go out and buy a Ferrari without having to ask for permission. :) Just bought my first Ferrari (F430) and I honestly think I’ve been smiling more in the past month than I did in 14 years of marriage!

irule, TKSA, Ryan... and 6 others like this.
  2. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    you're in that puppy love phase like when you started dating your ex, wait till you need 5 weeks and alot of money to repair 6th gear that burned up bc it was short on gear oil or 2 weeks and $3800 for a clutch position sensor/new bearings......I still love mine but dont kid yourself its a marriage too, I now have 2 expensive, needy wives......I still love my ferrari even with all its put me through.....

irule, Ryan..., F430abdo and 2 others like this.
  3. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    If you have to ask for permission then you shouldn't have been married to begin with.

Did you also have to ask for permission to use the washroom, and/or to hang out with your friends?

4. Formula Uno

Formula Uno F1 Veteran

Oct 8, 2008
    New York City
    One of my pet peeves about today's man. I hate it when guys say things like that..."Oh I'll just have to ask the wife!"

I don't "ask" my wife about ANYTHING I do or want. I might talk to her about something but in the end if I want to do or buy something I do it.

Grow a set...

JerseyBland, DrewH, Jakuzzi and 6 others like this.
  5. FloridaToAtlanta

May 30, 2018
    Atlanta Georgia
    Full Name:
    Matt
    #5 FloridaToAtlanta, Jun 23, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2018
    I can assure you I have a set. It was called “respect” and also socking away plenty of dough for 3 colleges and 3 weddings since I was blessed with 3 daughters. I’m a 6’5” 240 lb country boy who grew up milking cows. Trust me, being married to a 5’1” 100 lb Italian named Gia from the Bronx, NY tends to make you a little more careful with what you pull up in the drive with. First gal I’ve ever had say “**** You!” to me...and that was 3 months into being married.

6. FloridaToAtlanta

May 30, 2018
    Atlanta Georgia
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I would have to agree..but having seen half of my net worth wiped out with the stroke of a pen I have a feeling my “wife with 4 wheels” will be much less of a financial burden. Well, hopefully anyhow.

Texas Forever, F430abdo, jm2 and 2 others like this.
  7. Formula Uno

Formula Uno F1 Veteran

Oct 8, 2008
    New York City
    My comment about "asking the wife" was not addressed to you specifically Matt so sorry for that;) You got me going on a rant because I know allot of guys who talk like that and it really pisses me off....like that line in The Godfather, "You can start by acting like a man!" SLAP! LOL

BTW: My first wife is also an Italian girl from the Bronx but her name is Fran....she was a foul-mouthed ***** as well, that's why she became my ex after a short time...no kids so I got off easy;)

Enjoy the Ferrari!!

brianweekes likes this.
  8. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

so, when you want to have sex with your wife, do you just rip off her clothes and go at it? :D

D

9. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Marriage is a partnership not a dictatorship. “our money, our home” etc. perhaps if some of you approached it in this manner instead of “ this is what’s happening and tough **** if you don’t like it” It might be WAY less expensive.
    Always get a chuckle when a few divorced individuals pipe up and tell me how things should be!

MalcQV, JerseyBland, Jedi and 2 others like this.
  10. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I was so relieved when I got divorced, but it wasn't expensive. Neither of us was happy, so it was easy. Best thing? No lawyer made a dime (Except for the salaried judge).

Texas Forever likes this.
  11. Formula Uno

Formula Uno F1 Veteran

Oct 8, 2008
    New York City
    LOL well in the beginning pretty much YES but after 27 years of marriage it usually does takes some planning and persuasion.....and sometimes a passive-aggressive threat or two;)

12. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    So much this.....easy to see why the "big balls" types get into bad relationships. I don't have to ask for permission either....because my partner trusts that decisions I make will not harm the family in any way.

13. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    That's exactly right. Asking for permission isn't partnership, is it?

G. Pepper likes this.
  14. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    I didn’t ask my wife’s permission to buy my 360....but I did have to deal with her icing me out for a 2-3months after. She’s cool now but feels about it the same way I feel about her parents, which is to say, looking forward to the day when they’re gone.

15. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    my wife is completely fine with me buying cars .. she tells her friends she would rather have me chasing 4 wheels then a skirt...so sometimes I mention it and sometimes I forget!!.. that is one thing she is pretty cool about....

16. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Before I bought my Ferrari I discussed it with my wife. I asked her opinion and her only concern was my safety because she thought I would be driving it 200mph all day every day. She knows I'm an avid car guy, and supports me in everything I do.

I told her, if that's the only problem, then there is no poblem.

JerseyBland likes this.
  17. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

So, all of you "big balled do what I want" guys.

How about this.

You wife comes home with a $10,000 handbag, a $20,000 cocktail ring and $40,000 worth of new clothing, without having talked with you about it first.

Do you:

1. Congratulate her for having balls as big as yours.
    2. Call a divorce lawyer. After all, it's YOUR money too.
    3. not even bat an eye. After all, she's making more money than you anyway.

Just wondering if the, "Spend what you want" policy swings both ways in your family.

D

18. F430abdo

F430abdo Karting

Mar 8, 2017
    SE Florida
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Oh and the lovely headers oh Yeah boy those headers and that clutch. But I gotta day I’ll always have a spot for my 07 F430abdo spider. Enjoy. Then upgrade when you can to realize the progression Ferrari made in true form. I went from my 430 to 458 and then yesterday purchased 488 spider so I can wait to realize the shift from 458 to 488, delivery Tuesday

19. Formula Uno

Formula Uno F1 Veteran

Oct 8, 2008
    New York City
    Yes it does swing both ways if she is making her own money like my wife does;)

If she was home in front of the TV or in the gym and sipping skinny late’s with her friends while I was working 16 hours a day to pay for it all then NO.

Mikael-F360, jcurry, mwr4440 and 2 others like this.
  20. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Amen brah...

Formula Uno likes this.
  21. FloridaToAtlanta

May 30, 2018
    Atlanta Georgia
    Full Name:
    Matt
    That's one of the reasons I didn't roll up with one of these when I was married. Mine was Bronx born, moved to a town called Port Washington, NY when she was in elementary school (which is one of the ritzy burbs on Long Island), then moved to Boca when she was 20 and had grown accustomed to the really nice handbags and eyeglasses. Then she marries a farm boy who could fix a John Deere tractor engine but had never heard of Louis Vuitton. After a few years of marriage, I knew if I rolled up in some sports car...that was green light GO for her to fly up to NY for a shopping spree.

///Mike and Formula Uno like this.
  22. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    What is a cocktail ring?

F430abdo likes this.
  23. FloridaToAtlanta

May 30, 2018
    Atlanta Georgia
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Formula - Didn't take any offense to it at all and I totally understand the rant. I would have to agree there are quite a number of emasculated men in marriages today...but mine was not one of those. If you can just picture Jim Beam Drinking Redneck + NY Italian Stick of Dynamite, that's kind of how it was. We both learned early on about "choosing our battles", especially after having kids. For me, that would have been a battle that would have caused more collateral damage than it was worth.

///Mike likes this.
  24. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

#24 dm_n_stuff, Jun 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Not the perfect example, but a pricey ring that DOESN'T serve any purpose other than to show off one's wealth. Usually large center stone surrounded by diamonds. I suppose one wore them to cocktail parties, back when people threw cocktail parties. Apparently the name dates to the 1920's.

D

Texas Forever and I'm 360 Canuck like this.
  25. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    GD! That does look like $20K lol

I wouldn’t be happy if my wife bought one lol