News

Why didn't Cadillac Sixteen (2003 concept car) get green lighted?

Discussion in 'Special Projects & Concept Cars' started by bitzman, Sep 8, 2019.

1. bitzman

bitzman Formula 3

Feb 15, 2008
    I woulda thunk that it would put it head and shoulders above any Lincoln. Or was the possibility of an inline sixteen just too much to imagine in mass production? I only found one design rendering, is there more on the net? Was this Bob Lutz' baby? Was it a running car? In your opinion (let us know if you are a former designer) is it too late to revive it? I think Cadillac needs something to liven itself up.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

NürScud likes this.
  2. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    It is a V16 and not inline 16. There is at least 1 running version.

It's a beautiful sedan. That, the Cien, and Elmiraj are some of my all time favorite car designs.

3. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    Cadillac haven't had a Cadillac in their line-up in a while (ie a car to rival anyone else's luxury flagship) - which the Sixteen, Cien and Elmiraj would be. Maybe make 'em electric - silent running and all the torque of 500 ci, and then some - and maybe revive the equity in Fleetwood, Sedan DeVille, and so forth ...

4. amenasce

amenasce Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Paris / Chicago
    Full Name:
    Andrew Menasce
    They had some beautiful concepts. That and the convertible one would have been amazing, but im not sure there was a market for the price point it would have come in at (esp back then..).

I love the current Cadillacs. Saw the big one in Vegas, and it looked so much better than anything Cadillac built in the past 40 years.

5. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I’ll give you sixteen reasons why.

I also like the current Cadillac’s. I rented the CT6 to drive out to Palm Springs in and it was fantastic.