Why didn't pagani go for a Nurburgring record with Huayra? | FerrariChat

Why didn't pagani go for a Nurburgring record with Huayra?

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by Dilusha, Sep 8, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dilusha

Dilusha Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    I think Huayra BC is capable of an under seven minute lap at the ring. ;)

2. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Why would he?

As I understand his business, it is selling fewer than 10 cars(?) per year to people like Lewis Hamilton for $1-2m a piece.

I am guessing he has more demand than he can satisfy and doesn't think he needs to.

But, this is all impressionistic. Maybe someone has more knowledge of the man and his business.

flat_plane_eddie and Boomhauer like this.
  3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    He doesnt need to, esp now that a car like the Aventador has the record. Too much $$ to keep trying for Pagani to then lose the title 3 weeks later to a new 911 variant that costs 10% of his cars.

lashss likes this.
  4. 1slocrx

1slocrx Karting

Jun 26, 2011
    Bay Area, CA
    The factory has the ability to get to about 40 cars per year I believe, and they are ALL over 2 million now to get one. You dont have to be a Hamilton to get one either.

5. bcorner

bcorner Karting

Aug 25, 2017
  6. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    So they set the record in 2007, really I don't see how trying to set lap records at Nurburgring helps a company like Pagani. Other bigger companies I see why they do it but not small "boutique" companies.

Boomhauer likes this.
  7. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Nurburing is a PR stunt. If you have nothing to gain, you don't need to do it.

Look at the new mid engine Corvette. They brought 2 of them last week to the NB. They did exactly 2 laps and didn't bother to time them or tell us the times -- and got world wide PR from it.

The short answer is Pagani doesn't need it and the people buying them don't care.

Mechanical Dad and JCR like this.
  8. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    It is a lose-lose situation for them.

If they are in the top times (sub 7), they lose because they *should* be there due to their price.

If they are slow, they also lose because they were out-engineered by a Camaro.