Why does he do that? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Why does he do that?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Jimmy540i, Apr 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    You would be very surprised. Of course, mine is also unwashed, which must help. :D

--Dan

2. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Its guys like this prat that give all us BMW drivers a bad name, i for one give the thumbs up whenever i see a Ferrari on the road, please dont class us all the same because of one prat.

3. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    That's called the "ricer fly by."

4. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Dan,

The red in my profile pic is not mine. That was me on the straight at Mugello during the Pilota course.

My current 550 IS black. :D

DL

5. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
  6. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    I have had something similar happen to me on a couple of occasions. I think by hanging back and not 'buying in' to the other persons challenge you are in effect popping his ballon by refusing to run, making his antics appear rather pointless.

By doing the flyby though he was indeed trying to be intimidating and aggressive which in LA can get you shot at which point makes his antics both pointless AND stupid.

If he hit you while doing his flyby he would have,
    A. Wrecked his car
    B. Wrecked your car
    C. Hurt his passengers and You
    D. Hurt himself (He had it coming)
    E. The entire act would have been Pointless, Stupid and Crimminal.

So why did he do it?
    Because he is Pointless, Stupid and Crimminal

7. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    We went on a fun run with a Black Murcielago this weekend.

Man, I hung back to the point they were asking me "why?". The cars that had to speed up, slow down, take a pic, it was crazy.

Only after we left the main highway, were we able to relax and cruise.

8. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    I have seen a Ferrari "take the bait" and that was a 512 against a Viper GTS. I was in the middle, the Viper behind me and the Ferrari infront, while we got onto a freeway onramp. The Viper got in the left lane pretty quick and took off, the 512 close behind. I loved the contrast between the two engine sounds. But I guess it might be different with an M3 and a 360. They might have been cruising together too, not really sure.

9. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    What makes them do this? Take your pick: envy, jealousy, inferiority, resent, bitterness, dad beat him, his girlfriend likes Ferrari's, who knows.

Related story that happened to me last summer:

I was driving my 360 Spider on a 4 lane road with a speed limit of 70 km/h (45 mph). I was in the slow lane when I notice a silver M3 pass me, as the girl in the passenger seat proceeds to give me the "gangsta stare" (you know, the look that says "your Ferrari ain't ****, dawg"). So, I smile to myself and keep my composure as they speed off. A few more miles down the road I end up in the fast lane, and the M3 is caught up in traffic in the slow lane. I pass the M3, just by virtue of the traffic flow. The M3 then zig-zags a few times behind me and accelerates by me in the slow lane while the driver proceeds to give me the identical "gangsta stare" that his woman gave me. They must practice this look in the mirror. Then, he slows down to allow me to catch up in the fast lane (again, I'm still just doing barely over the speed limit). As I catch up to him doing the speed limit, he drops it down a gear and lets her rip while he shoots me the finger! Holy fawk, I was pissed. So I dropped it down 2 gears and followed him through traffic. He could hear the howl of the V8 close behind, and he was anxiously checking his mirror every 2 seconds. Ponch and his biatch were about the get slapped, and they knew it. The instant that I had and opening to pass, I wailed by the clowns like they were standing still. After all that, I didn't feel any better, I was still pissed that some clown and his biatch could act that way.

10. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    :), thank you Jimmy.

Pete

11. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    HA HA HA LOL It was Juan Taco feeling bad about his small penis

12. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Jealousy is a sign of incompetency

13. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Very nice. I always like 550 in black!! Beautiful car!!

14. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    well, i know that if i saw a 360 on the highway, after i regained control of my excitement i would def. try and get you to mash the gas a lil bit so i could hear that thing scream! that's probably what the M3 wanted, of course he went about it the wrong way...the right way is to pull up and show your camera that you keep in your car 24/7 and motion to do something? :D lol

- Andy

15. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
  16. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Thank you!

DL

17. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Dave: I like the red calipers!

--Dan

18. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
  19. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Dan,

I can't remember, are yours red as well?

DL

20. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    Dave:

Do you happend to have a shot of the rear of your 550? Also may I ask the tire size?

Jim