Why does the M3 Driver do that? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Why does the M3 Driver do that?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Jimmy540i, Apr 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jdb

jdb Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    I have a '97 355 manual and an '03 M3 SMGII. I think 0-60 time in both is about 4.8 seconds. Based on my driving ability and style, I would say the cars are pretty evenly matched. That being said, the 355 is a totally different (and much more exciting) driving experience.

2. FastRed355

FastRed355 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2003
    Westwood
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I also have '97 355 and '03 M3(SMG). I enjoy both cars a lot. Difficult to be fair to both of them and drive them more..
    The power is great in both, the M3 keeps surprising me with its ability, and it has amazing technology.
    But, a Ferrari is a Ferrari!

3. DVOgoalie25

DVOgoalie25 Rookie

Jan 11, 2004
    Evanston
    Full Name:
    Brendon
    Hello, out there, I couldn't resist reading this thread when I logged on, I have the same problem you do, except I'm not driving a Ferrari, I'm driving a 1991 Mitsuishi Eclipse GSX AWD turbo(not a bad weekend track racer for those of you who like a little weekend fun..) But anyways, I have to respond to this just to let you know, that I have every single Honda and Acura driving an Integra with a"Fart Pipe" and neon lights gunning after me trying to think their piece of S*** car can keep up with me. But, I have to be careful, cause I know a lot of the cars out in my area, and some of them are real street sleepers, the 10- second daily driven cars. But some people who don't know what my car is-and some who do-come up in their high revving honda and give me the look, and then i give them the look right back with a full out blast of my engine, and that usually scares the hell out of them, what with the turbo screaming and the blowoff valve noise and all, and they either turn right or yield to my car. Those of you with Ferrari's however have a different problem, my engine scares people away where your emblem should make them run home and wish they went to college. I respect all of you for being so patient and maintaining your high-class status, if they can't beat my car, they have no right to look at yours the wrong way!

4. jdb

jdb Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    Whoa, you're in Westwood? I'm in Brentwood (Barrington and Montana-ish).

Are you coming to the drive tomorrow?

5. RyanZX6R

RyanZX6R Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Riverside County
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    It's not just Ferraris that get revved on by idiots. I've been "challenged" before on my bike by cars that can't keep up. I don't really understand it. Some people just want to see a fast car, or bike, go fast. However, in traffic or at triple digit speeds on the freeway can get a bit dangerous.

6. FastRed355

FastRed355 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2003
    Westwood
    Full Name:
    Steve

JDB,
    I'm between Montana and Sunset, near Sepuveda. I go to Barrington Villiage a lot, usualyy a jog with my dog.
    I was at the breakfast -run today. Perfect day for the run.
    We will need name tags to figure out who we are,
    STEVE

7. KMS

KMS Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 22, 2003
    Too many people lack proper automobile knowledge and therefore lack respect for certain vehicles they might run across.

Last night heading west on the 10 from Santa Monica in my 928, I had some knucklehead in a Porche Boxster coming up on my rear weaving in and out of traffic. Just when I thought he'd keep going he gets up to my car and stays there for a minute. He then drops back, gets a run and peels off my bumper to get around me, and cuts me off as he's leaving. The entire time I never changed my speed or lane. I wasn't even going particularly fast. So, traffic ahead slows us both and puts me next to him. He does not look over but attempts to ride the bumper in front of him in an effort to stay ahead of me. As we get up on the 405 my lane clears, the lane next to me clears as well so I'm effectively just blocking him in. I move from the middle lane to the right lane so he could try me again. He took the lane but never looked over at me. He did however drop down a gear or two as if that was really going to do something.

Silly rabbit, tricks are for kids. I dropped to third and half nailed it. Nothing but open pipes layin the smackdown. Actually a Boxster is just a baby seal and normally I wouldn't waste my time but this foolish person was just too much. He dove for the next exit and that was that.

P.S. Had his car been a Ferrari 512TR or F40, trust me, I wouldn't have done a thing. I would've shown the proper respect, lowered my window further and listened to the exhaust as it pulled away.

8. jbjavaheri

jbjavaheri Karting

Mar 4, 2004
    West L.A.
    Full Name:
    Jason

I also live in Brentwood on Barrington, between Sunset and Montana (by the park). Unfortunately, I don't think I've seen your car or JDB's. I'll keep a lookout for a yellow or red 355 spider.

What color is your M3? Do you have the stock 18's or 19's, or aftermarket rims?

9. jdb

jdb Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    I'm at 555 Barrington. My M3 is gray with stock 19's.

10. jbjavaheri

jbjavaheri Karting

Mar 4, 2004
    West L.A.
    Full Name:
    Jason

Really, I live right next to you at 527 Barrington! I'm the next apartment building to the north of you! What a small world! I would love to check out your 355 spider and M3, my next car is going to be an M3 (same color as yours if it's silver-gray).

If you're not too busy this weekend, and you don't mind, maybe we can meet up. I'll PM you later on this week.

Nice to meet you.

11. FastRed355

FastRed355 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2003
    Westwood
    Full Name:
    Steve
    My M3 is also silver with stock wheels.
    I run with my dog to the Barrington Park and to the post office.
    We should meet up at the Clay Pit for their week-day buffet, if you guys are available.
    STEVE

12. POWERED BY HONDA

Apr 28, 2004
    Irvine, CA
    Full Name:
    Jim Harrison
    In response to the child's coments on his 91' Mitsubishi Eclipse... Any time your in the Irvine area, I'd be more than happy to run a quarter with you to make some money on the side. Careful where you run your mouth, because not all Honda's are to what you claim. Your car (which is probably stock) can do the 1/4mi. in how much? 16 maybe 17 seconds? My 2001 Civic Si was last clocked in March doing 12.1, I guess those neons do add some hp huh? haha. Oh and that big wing, its not just for show, i need something to hold me on the road when im pushing 25lb/s. of boost. How does that compare.... i think your car only has like 6 maybe 9. But go ahead and rev, I bet it isn't a blow off vavle that can be heard, it's probably the whining of a 4-cyl engine with stock EVERYTHING. But to try and prove me wrong go ahead and post again what all you have under the hood of your "jdm-beast." I'm not yelidin' for S*** unless it's a car over $70,000. I'll admit i don't have a ferrari and yes some consider my ride to be rice, but i really want to know what you r doing on this website. I am only on this site b/c I am a previous ferrari owner and i am still a member of this site. i sold my ferrari for an acura NSX and decided to start getting into the street racing gig with my honda civic i have. I hope to see you at a redlight soon!!!! :)

13. TheScarletStang

TheScarletStang Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Irvine, California
    Full Name:
    Sean Salter
    Hey POWERED BY HONDA, what was your last F-chat name?
    What kind of Ferrari did you have?

14. DVOgoalie25

DVOgoalie25 Rookie

Jan 11, 2004
    Evanston
    Full Name:
    Brendon
    I'm sorry if I offended you, but I was not talking smack about the Hondas who actually have something under the hood, in fact I have seen a few Hondas that are done right(turbocharged and fast), and they are NICE!(I'm sure yours is with 25 psi of boost) I was talking smack about the retards in their totally stock civics/accords with non functional wings and a new muffler who think they can take anything on, including me and you for that matter, and by the way I run 14psi of boost, not 9 I was talking about the people, and not the cars, BTW, join a HONDA forum if you're so passionate!

15. Sting

Sting Karting

Mar 2, 2004
    Full Name:
    Edmund Maino