Why don't you wash your own car? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Why don't you wash your own car?

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by DiamondDog, Sep 12, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tickerhound

tickerhound Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2016
    IL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The CR DI system has a TDS meter, they all do. It reads zero with fresh resin, I change the resin when it gets to 10. The benefits are no spots from the water that drips from mirrors, etc and other inaccessible areas. The Ferrari engine bay for instance always gets wet, I always blow that area area with a master blaster unit that uses warm air. There are absolutely no spots anywhere, door jambs, underbody, wheel wells...

Its definitely worthwhile.

2. tickerhound

tickerhound Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2016
    IL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Also, I run softened water to my DI system- resin lasts longer. Usually 2 resin changes per season. About $75 per change. AI have two cars that I use this on, DI goes into my Kranzle pressure washer with the prober nozzle for the max flow rate for the CR system. www.obsessedgarage.com

3. clean512

clean512 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2010
    Full Name:
    Josh @jtcarprojects
    Love washing all my cars. I did paint and body for over 15 years but love keeping things super dialed in. Washing my wife's audi. Have a full wall mount kranzle with 100 ft hose
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

tickerhound and E60 M5 like this.
  4. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Pop the top off distilled gallon jugs for the rinse. You need a thick flow not a spray. Two gallons on roof, two on trunk and two on hood. One in each hand. Then blow dry. That's the easy part. It's the hours of tires, wells, sills, bumpers and then the actual paint with multiple soap buckets. Then all the glass and rubber trim. And that's not including miles of leather and carpet. Now I pay a great detailer. Not fun anymore. I do hand detail the engine and suspension. Priorities!

5. Roadking

Roadking Karting

Oct 9, 2005
  6. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Bumping this back. I need one view a week!

7. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike

:D:D

Mike

8. Goatdave

Goatdave Rookie

Jun 4, 2016
    Clermont, Florida
    I like washing cars - let's me get to know the car better. I always said that if you want to know a used car when you buy it, spend an hour washing it - you will know everything about it from chips to repaint to paid gaps, etc.
    I spent two hours yesterday cleaning and conditioning the leather on my 458. Looks and feels great. I put on some good music, weather is good, no one around to bother me. Its my zen place.