Why I chose a Portofino over the DB11 | FerrariChat

Why I chose a Portofino over the DB11

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by cyr, Jan 30, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    I was in the market to realise a boyhood dream - an Aston. Took the DB11 and a Portofino for four test drives of an hour each. I really wanted to like the Aston !:rolleyes: But at the end of it all it came to a choice of the prettiest girl in town with no brains or a pretty girl with brains. The DB11 seats were more comfortable, the brand was more in tune with my personality but it had lousy electronics and actually rattled:eek:. It felt too much like a luxe BMW (which my wife drives) rather than a GT. Also not convinced it will survive the Roma. Even my wife, who was against the "Ferrari" brand image admitted the Porto was the better car. So we took the plunge and ordered one. it is going to be my daily drive car, so being easy to drive to the baker was an important consideration. Specifically did not order the exterior shields or a remotely reddish colour as they shouted too much;). Hope it arrives soon and I have no problems with it AND Ferrari updates the electronics regularly. Bit worried about that last point as what i read in these fora is that the electronics or maps are virtually never updated.

tommygun64 and wrs like this.
  2. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Good choice.

3. Megafred

Megafred Rookie

Jun 24, 2018
    I felt exactly the same as you. Received my Portofino this week and I‘m very happy with my choice :)

Gesendet von iPhone mit FerrariChat

JotaEle and wrs like this.