why is the 330GT 2+2 so unloved | Page 4 | FerrariChat

why is the 330GT 2+2 so unloved

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by outofpocket, Feb 20, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vunico

vunico Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2007
    southern florida
    OMG !!!!

Showing ferraris in the rain???

i must report this outrage....

2. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    #77 JazzyO, Feb 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    And driving them,no less!!

4. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    Onno,

Actually, for anyone who has owned an old Ferrari, the most impressive thing about that last shot is that the wipers seem to be functioning correctly :) :) :)

It also means that you are not going fast enought for the wipers to float off the windshield :D :D :D

Regards,

Art S.

5. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    They worked fine, and have done even during the full 11 hour drive from Switzerland to Amsterdam in torrential downpours, although you can't expect miracles of course. The door and window seals were even less effective, as my doors were full of water when I arrived and I was lightly rained on during the drive. It's not fun driving in those conditions for 11 hours, I was wrecked! Felt a bit guilty to subject her to that, too. But what do you do? You have to get home somehow, and driving those Swiss passes the 3 days before in glorious sunshine made it worth the miserable drive home.

:)

Onno

6. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005

On my GTC the wipers lift at exactly 120 km/h, which is the speed limit in Spain. Very convenient. :)

7. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    Fairly sure mine still stay on at that speed. I'll check it if I ever get caught again.

Onno

8. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005
    The wiper lifting is not a big problem on the GTC; I just slow down.

On the Dino, on the other hand, with the crossing wipers, they get stuck to each other, I have to stop and unstick them, and it looks very silly...

9. Italian Lover

Italian Lover Formula Junior

Oct 26, 2006
    Full Name:
    Italian Lover
    A good one, Julio. With my Dino L, it did not have the opportunity to get stuck in the middle because the left arm swung past outside the windshield that I had to stick my hand out to push it back in. w/ smiles Jimmy

10. whturner

whturner Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2003
    Western Pennsylvania
    Full Name:
    Warren Turner
    Amen - if I did I would have to kick my '47 Ford convertible out also.
    Aside from the fact that I drive mine, and sometimes with more than 2 people, the historian in me likes a car that shares so much with the vintage racing Ferraris.
    If I want a car that drives like a modern car, I already have some.
    I also found great satisfaction when a 360 driver at Beaver Run Raceway came up to me after a stint on track and said "you were almost keeping up with me" (in the interest of full disclosure, the 330 driver was not me, but my friend who was an SCCA racer.
    But the 330s are not slugs!

Cheers
    Warren