Why is the F430 nameless? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Why is the F430 nameless?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Cavallini, Oct 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JustinS

JustinS Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Justin S
    I refer to the car as FNA does 360 Challenge Stradale, the car is a modified 360. Its pretty simple.

2. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    My question is why does 360 has a name Modena, but not other V8s.

After reading Jet190rs's post, it could be just a trend. Or Ferrari simply wanted to express appreciation by dedicated these names.

3. etomcat

etomcat Karting

Jul 6, 2004
    Hungary
    Full Name:
    Tamas Feher
    Their next supercar model will be called "Baracca".

4. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    I prefer numbers rather than strange names.

But, thats just me...seemingly.

5. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Wait, you guys are actually wanting an Italian car company to be predicable and logical in their naming?

PUT THE SAUCE DOWN GUYS!!!

6. Tony Liokossis

Tony Liokossis Karting

Nov 12, 2004
    I have a magazine interview with Montezemolo shortly after he took the reigns of Ferrari and he specifically addressed the use of names versus just numbers. He said, from then on, every ferrari would also have a "name" like Maranello or Scaglietti, rather than just a number. The reason was that the general public always remembered names better. He used the Testarossa as an example. Only car people remember the numbers.

This all started with the 550 Maranello and has been consistent until the F430. Why the sudden change, I don't know.

7. rossi

rossi Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    Perhaps because the F430 is not a totally new model but just an optimized 360? So the successor of the F430 should have a name again (F460 Monza ;) ).