Why is this low milage dino so favourably priced. | FerrariChat

Why is this low milage dino so favourably priced.

Discussion in '206/246' started by bertspeed, Sep 26, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bertspeed

bertspeed Formula Junior

Sep 19, 2009
    Are dinos starting to come down in price as with so many other classics. This car here was previously at 260k and now its 240k ono.

2. bertspeed

bertspeed Formula Junior

Sep 19, 2009
  3. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

$320K USD is not EXACTLY A STEAL. And the notion that a car, unless you can document the low miles, is in fact a 20,000 kilometer car is suspect in my mind. Odometer only goes to 99,999, so just as easily could be 120,000, or 220,000 for that matter.

It's been painted, has a fair amount of non-original stuff on it, so it's not a low mileage, all original garage queen.

It's a nice car, it's not a museum quality car.

I know of a nicer, but higher miles car that was priced similarly recently.

D

4. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Lack of history must have a lot to do with it, I would guess.

5. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

#5 dm_n_stuff, Sep 26, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    listing seems to indicate they know the history of the car from new, but don't have written history.

6. bertspeed

bertspeed Formula Junior

Sep 19, 2009
    I did ask about the mileage and he assured me it was genuine,but as was before said without documented history you cant be sure.

7. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

If they had service records, generally, the mileage at the time of service is recorded on the paperwork. If they had that paper trail, then you could confirm the mileage, since they do not, that makes it a non issue. What you can't prove, you can't charge for. I don't happen to think, on a 45 year old car, that mileage should be a big issue either way. It is now running well. PPI would tell you more about that to make sure.

If you have the money, and you love the car, the other stuff will work itself out.

Is it priced right? I don't know, I don't see this as an aggressively discounted price, I think it's probably close to market correct, maybe a little optimistic. But I am less familiar with price in Europe.

So walk in with a pile of cash, make an offer conditional on a PPI, and grab it and go if they bite. I'd take 5-10% off, see what they say.

D