Why still no Monza Driver announcement? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Why still no Monza Driver announcement?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Chicko, Sep 3, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
  2. IanMac

IanMac Formula 3

Jul 26, 2006
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Ian
    Until it was a completely done deal he was right to deny it. As I understand it the FI Commercial Director said they "expected an offer from Ferrari", not quite the same thing as confirming Fisi was going to Ferrari, but still more than he should have said. A 'no comment' these days isn't good enough, it's assumed it means 'yes'.

3. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Fisi will be Ferrari's official reserve driver for next season. Who knows when Massa might actually come back. i bet Ferrari are looking at Fisi as a contigency plan.

4. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Must have broken PQ Jr.'s heart to find out the seat wasn't his;)

5. AGIP

AGIP Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 30, 2009
    Mallya is a billionaire, and one of the richest dudes in India, i don't think its possible for him to look a fool.

He is under no obligation to tell the press/public anything, i would have done the same, lead them up the path.

Wonder why Ferrari have not been paid for its engine deal, now that's unusual?

6. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Now that's funny, right there.

7. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe

That too!

8. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    #33 LightGuy, Sep 4, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
    There is a certain reasoning that if you prolong the payment you "earn" interest on the money you have until that money is spent.
    Millions of bucks would equate to a couple of thou, perhaps even a hundred Gs
    IMO its just plain stupid to piss of a supplier ( and a supplier with LOTS of clout ) over a couple of grand but then I'm not a Billionaire so what do I know ?

9. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Fisi and Felipe maybe? Not Alonso? The WMSC meeting and the situation affecting the so called deal? Im wondering if the deal is off the table. No matter where he goes, he seems to be in or bring trouble. Why does Ferrari need the drama?

I know he is good.

http://planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5538954,00.html