Why was my plastic-model-sale thread deleted? | FerrariChat

Why was my plastic-model-sale thread deleted?

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by greg328, Jan 6, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. greg328

greg328 F1 Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Austin, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Greg
  2. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Greg, if it was multiple model kits for sale, the new rules state that threads that list more than one thing for sale at a time (so no "storefront" style threads anymore) have been deleted.

(PS, I'm not in charge, but mine were also deleted fwiw...)

Just read the new rules in the F/S sections and you'll find all the info you need.

Rosey likes this.
  3. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #3 ylshih, Jan 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    Actually, no you can't.

Please read the updated "sticky" at the top of the section just posted tonight.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/no-commercial-posts-unless-a-sponsor-updated-1-7-2019.591995/

Not sure when users started posting ads in the Collectibles section, but that was NEVER valid, old rules or new rules. Ads belong in the classified ad section. Rob Lay's "sticky" advising of the basic rules against advertising was at the top of this forum from 2008 until tonight, when I unstuck it. Guess you never read it. :cool:

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/please-read-no-commercial-posts-unless-sponsor.144293/

The only exception was the "For Sale or Trade Models thread" where you could have posted within the thread as a subscribed user, but that was also just closed and revamped into the new Sales Corner threads due to the change in rules.

4. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck

Oh.... I just read this post now....in addition to previous post in the now closed Models For Sale/ Trades thread. OK, but still no point to having the Models For sale Corner with the very low $100 price per item limit. Guess I will post my model for sale in the regular Ferrari Classified section.