Why --WERE-- TR prices so low? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Why --WERE-- TR prices so low?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by vincenzo, Feb 1, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Tonight gentlemen....we drink to the TR!! (this is when you guys say "here! here!" in the background). Now pass that GD bottle opener ya bastids!

2. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Well....it's been great fun reading these last two pages. Kerry - once again you make me laugh out loud! Karen just looks over at me like there's somethin wrong with me (...okay...be nice). You know what would really be cool, if we TRUE ENTHUSIASTS could get together and just hang for a while, compare notes, share some tips, pat each other on the back, and.....hey....toss that bottle opener over here.....!!! Ooops wait.....nah....don't need. I'm sailing with the Captain this evening.... :)

3. kerrywittig

kerrywittig Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2005
    Ithaca, New York
    Full Name:
    Kerry David Wittig
    And I thought you were doing deep knee bends or leg thrusts Jeff................and it was just the rum making you look athletic!!
    Jack, Jack, come back here and put your hat on...............Damn him........See what you've done? That trouble maker Morgan shows up and now my Jack won't keep his hat on................Likes to mix it up with that Cola chap from the crisper................Oh there's gonna be nothin' but headaches and imbalance come morning. That Green kid always instigates this type of activity.
    NO DON"T SHAKE THE CAN!!.....................Now look at the mess I've made.................

Damn you Elvis put the bananas back and watch out for the grease spatter from the bacon...........Now I'm gonna get sick from bad eating habits which are brought on from acute alcohol intoxication...........This is a no win situation I fear................"Oh the humanity, I mean calories!!"

Give me that lighter before you burn the garage down and I lose that high maintanence Italian dinosaur because of your childishness.............

MEDIC............Yeah direct pressure...............MEDIC!!

It's gonna be a long night.....................again!!!!

Kerry

4. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Kerry - no headaches for me....I'm Irish - I don't know the meaning of the word hangover. let alone an upset stomach. But really, get a bunch of us TR Lovers together and it would be a hoot I'm sure. But to address your concerns about making a mess and all, we Irish Lads have been known to take a tumble down a flight of stairs carrying a shot of whiskey without ever spilling a drop - how - we keep our mouth closed. Remember the great Rat-Packer Frank Sinatra said...."whatever it takes to get you through the night"....

5. kerrywittig

kerrywittig Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2005
    Ithaca, New York
    Full Name:
    Kerry David Wittig
    We should promote a none collared shirt TR owners outing...............and you do know there will be running with sissors and someone will put their eye out!!! LOL.................Only requirement is that you MUST drive your TR to the event...................Seriously I'm game....................Shall we start a "new" thread and see what kinda response we have? Would probably be best to have it in say.........................Virginia..............midway on the east coast or better yet a national invitational in say Topeka, Kansas.................right smack dab in the middle of America...............Seriously, a bucket of hot wings, 2 cases of Old Milwaukee Light and a new snow brush/ice scraper to hold up the front or rear lids on your TR as a door prize.................damn it's a winner in my eyes!!!

We could title the event as "The 1st annual I have no equity in my Redhead, but boy I have fun Meet!"............

Here is the link for the site to hold the "EVENT" http://hpt.com//store/catalog/roadrental.php

Hey I'm serious we/I could put this together for next year if there was truly sincere interest.......for a TR ONLY get together................................

Kerry

6. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    First off...I must admit that I'm....ROTFLMFAO....from your comments. But then as I thought more in depth about it, your idea sounds great. I like the idea of wearing a shirt with no collar and cheap jeans. I'm in if you are.

P.S. I just have to say it to you Kerry, since we first met I have enjoyed your "presence". As time has gone on and I've found out that your not just "smoke and mirrors"....I really feel fortunate to have crossed paths with you. I can hear your voice as I read your posts....your wit is very dry and to the point. I've enjoyed every second of it.

I used to be a sort of a prude and not want to drive my car in the rain, down an unknown road, or even to Walmart. But I have learned from you and others to enjoy life as it comes, to meet it head on. It's so much nicer to be riding the crest of the wave of life rather than to trying and stay ahead it.

If your idea of this event can be organized at all, I'm sure you can do it. You can count on me Kerry. I owe you at least that much for all the advice, laughs, and the "outside the box" thinking you've expounded upon me. Lastly...and only you will probably understand this comment...you are way underpaid.....

7. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Dear Ferraristi,

Kerry, Carguy (Jeff), you guys really crack me up. Always with the struggles of class warfare. Sometimes I think you guys torture yourselves buy owning a Ferrari but not wanting to lose where y'all come from.

Now about the meet. Ummm, I don't own a collarless shirt and have never worn a pair of jeans. Can I wear a black silk shirt with some taupe Armani dress pants. I do have the 1 1/4" cuffs on them. I forgot, I don't own a pair or runners/sneakers either. Would you mind if I wore my ColeHahn "Bragannos" instead. Don't worry, I still don't wear socks with my shoes.

Now the meet, could you please make it in Florida. We have great weather ( girls in short skirts), lots of palm trees and I'm sure there's a maniquired lawn we can find to place the cars. Oh, while we're at it, can we change the miller for some champagne flutes?

But please don't change " you must drive your TR " :D

BTW, Kerry, I really think you need a vacation....honestly. Maybe the winter blas are getting you down. We don't have any winter blas here....come on down !

Shamile

Freeze...Miami Vice !

8. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Could you guys take it offline? :rolleyes: ;)

9. testarob

testarob F1 Rookie

May 13, 2006
    Debary, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Count me in ! ! ! (and with 66k miles you KNOW I drive MY TR)

10. kerrywittig

kerrywittig Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2005
    Ithaca, New York
    Full Name:
    Kerry David Wittig
    OK now that I opened my big mouth I WILL actually take the time to see what it would involve. So I will start a new thread about this with suggestions as to hotels, catering, security, track rental, medical staff, insurance, sponsors etc.. to get a feel for what a cost per TR driver would be............. So Here I go with one size 9 1/2 D in mouth....................Kerry

11. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
  12. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    now that you wont invite me to your get-together I just might! :)

13. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    and you know what i own/have owned and what i like/don't like how? oh, you looked at my profile. excellent bit of research there. I speak the truth my friend and if i don't, prove me wrong. personal attacks are for those that have no arguments. i stand by what i said in this thread and if you can dispute it, please do. I have much first hand experience with tr's and i would like to see you prove anything i said wrong. If you want that 16k mile tr with fresh major for 50k, pm me. i don't think you will. you say post 42 and 43 are bashing? I was responding to incorrect information posted and did not mention the op in my response. Unlike your personal attack quoted above. My responses were factually correct and i challenge you to show i'm wrong. You will also notice i do not personally attack you, as easy as it would be. But i recommend you be careful who you attack, you never know who you're dealing with. If you want to go toe to toe on tr's or their price history and future, let's get it on. didn't think so....

14. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    does it make you feel inferior when someone brings you back down to earth with the facts? Not owning a tr gives me a much more objective opinion of them. And i don't care at all what tr prices are. Why do you care what i say so much?

15. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Dear Ferraristi,

Come on wetpet, let it go already. This is gettin old. :D

Let it slide.....just like a TR's resale value....even after a major ! :)

BTW, this is written in humor

Shamile

Freeze...Miami Vice

16. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    o.k. i'll start letting personal attacks slide. not. why don't you quote jerrari and tell him to wake up and smell the burnt clutch in his tr?

by the way, for all the tr owners, besides jerrari and psp, i love tr's! and i will likely buy one in the next year or two. doesn't change what people are paying for them though.

17. nsxnick

nsxnick Formula 3

Jul 24, 2001
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Nick
    can you just post the details? i may be interested. Thanks

18. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    little late for me to get all the details, but it's white with a tan(?) interior. later model, will have to get the year. has either 14 or 16k miles. original owner. new major, tires fuel pumps and others. might have had a clutch. can be had for 50k. pm me if interested and i'll put you in touch with the seller.

19. PSP

PSP Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2001
    Lake Forest, CA USA
    Full Name:
    Patrick S. Perry
    You don't care what the prices are, but you're likely to buy one in the next year or two?

I don't understand that - unless you're on a one man crusade to drive prices down.

...and trust me, I really don't give a crap what you say. :)

20. JAYF

JAYF Formula 3

May 13, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Jay
    My Wet freind, you are correct, personal attcks are uncalled for, so I will stick to the facts. The fact is, that nothing you have said has been factual, just opinions . If you are down on TR's then go play in the 328 section and let the big boys talk amongst themselves. When you are ready to be positive, come on back. Frankly , until you own a TR, nothing you say really holds any weight for me as well as others on this thread. Right now I am just finding you entertaining with no real content. Frankly, I think that the casual onlooker would think you are a bit jealous for not having a TR, but I know you would never admit that. Its OK because you actions prove that to be true. So please continue your babble so the rest of us can keep on laughing.

21. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Personal attack? I think not, simply stating facts and showing that you are full of s*it. Please show me proof that TR mainenance costs are more than any other pre 2000 MY car. As regards to me being "careful who I attack", number one I did not "attack" you, I simply stated what a fool you sound like and no. 2 bring it on chief. You have no evidence of what you speak or you would have presented it. "Burnt" clutch in my TR ha? So now you are saying that TR's have a greater propensity than other F models to burn up clutches? Now go play with your blocks and leave the adults to a mature intelligent conversation about TR's.

22. JAYF

JAYF Formula 3

May 13, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Jay
    +3 and AMEN to that!

23. ALPO

ALPO Formula 3

May 13, 2005
    Annapolis area
    Full Name:
    alpo
    Just replaced clutch after 30k miles during engine out service to save labor costs (clutch worn, would need to replace before next major). People who were trained how to properly drive a stick and NOT ride the clutch should get comparable mileage I believe. I think clutch replacement/useful life is determined more by driver habits rather than a particular model.

24. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    This is the kind of crap i'm talking about. you are so damn sensitive you take a comment about your clutch to mean an attack on all tr clutches. Unclench my friend and relax. Yes, you are correct, i shouldn't consider your simply pointing out what a fool i am as an attack.You are showing i'm full of **** by stating a car i own and a car i want? O.K. Who said tr maintenance costs more than a pre 2000my? Not me. My point was the price of tr's and i have presented evidence. I can produce much more if you like. I have been watching the price closely for several years. I think the only thing i said about maintenance is that you are in for a rude surprise when you get your bill. While we are on the subject, big boy, you look like quite the fool saying that tr maintenance doesn't cost more than a 308, 328 or 348. Maybe you will get one or two other delusional tr owners to agree with you. but everyone else is laughing at your paranoid, ridiculous rantings. Let's see how your argument is going so far. Fool, Full of ****, no evidence, child, unintelligent, hey but at least i'm a chief! whatever dude, go back into de-nile. but please, please bring some evidence next time.

25. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    i must agree with you al!