Why --WERE-- TR prices so low? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Why --WERE-- TR prices so low?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by vincenzo, Feb 1, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    i've got one i would like to sell you. please pm me.

2. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    now i'm jealous that i don't have a tr? i'll have to add that to the list in my previous post. you guys are hilarious. i was just gonna accuse you of being jealous of my 328. damn, beat me to it. Maybe one day i can be a big boy like you and Jerrari. I live for that day! probably won't happen though cause i can't afford the maintenance! I'm sorry i didn't say enough positive things about tr's, i know how that bruises your little egos.I can just leave you and jerrari to your little tr tugfest. Enjoy!

3. kerrywittig

kerrywittig Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2005
    Ithaca, New York
    Full Name:
    Kerry David Wittig
    My Dad Can Beat up your Dad.................Ok Let's thin out the crowd.................Besides the flakey clutch and diff (let's pretend), the high maintanence costs ($135K car does cost some $ to fix), outdated styling (What?), and the ability of us working class stiffs invading the "exclusive" Ferrari owning community (Ain't that the real cause of this lashing out?)....................How you feelin' 'bout that TR?

Kerry

4. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    ALL THE SHENNAGINS ASIDE, I MADE TWO SIMPLE POINTS IN THE BEGINNING. FIRST WAS THAT CARGUYS APPRAISAL OF THE TR MARKET WAS A LITTLE OPTIMISTIC. HE SAID TOP NOTCH CARS ARE GOING FOR 68 AND UP. i OFFERED A TOP NOTCH CAR FOR 50K. OOPS SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS LOCK. I NEED TO LEARN TO LOOK UP WHEN I TYPE. anyway my second point was that jerrari is in for a surprise when he gets his final bill. i stand by both statements and i challenge you to prove me wrong, not call me names.

5. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    as i stated above. i love the tr and will someday own one if i hit the lottery and get the kind of money jay has.

6. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Dear Ferraristi,

No bruised ego here wetpet. Seriously though, forget the values element and seriously look at the car if you're interested. They really are great cars and a true pleasure to drive. I also have a Lamborghini VT roadster and my TR competes nicely. I don't think you'll be sorry if you bought one.

Yes yes yes.....it is expensive to maintain....but well worth it in my opinion. :)

Shamile

Freeze...Miami Vice !

7. kerrywittig

kerrywittig Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2005
    Ithaca, New York
    Full Name:
    Kerry David Wittig
    I didn't call you a name........besides "Sticks and stones will hurt my bones but names will never hurt me!".......Now that we've gotten to the 3rd grade level (which I am very comfortable at) let me ask again............

So how ya diggin' that TR partner?

Kerry

PS If you make about $75K usd per year you can own a TR.............really I do, and I'm overweight ( I call it big boned)!!

8. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    did i say you called me a name? what is with you tr guys? are we reading the same thread?

9. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    stay tuned.

10. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    you are always mentioning this, why is that ? Why is this a sore spot with you, and when has someone ever mentioned working class stiffs cant ?

Just curious

11. kerrywittig

kerrywittig Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2005
    Ithaca, New York
    Full Name:
    Kerry David Wittig
    Holy Sh*t...............Believe it or not fellow F-Chatters this has gotten even to weird for me..........and I love a good acid flashback every so often just to make me aware of the "possibilities".....but damn,

give me

that bottle opener and I'll push this keyboard aside

....Oh and by the way..........

How ya feelin' out that TR?

Kerry

12. jratcliff

jratcliff Formula 3

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Maintenance just keeps the riff raff from owning one. You either do it yourself or you grin and bare it. I have receipts from the last maintenance done on mine from the guy who owned it before. Probably half of the things done, were done only because the engine was out.

Kerry, I think we are in agreement that a lot of the parts could be common sourced to a less expensive source that didn't have a Ferrari box on it. Many of the wear parts are sourced from major suppliers and cost significantly less than the Ferrari boxed ones. I can attest to this since I have been the beneficiary of this search.

Anyway, I got mine going again after a 3 week overhaul of every moving component except the engine and trans. I also replaced the brakes with some Brembos. While I have an Aston Martin for comfort, the TR is my Italian Stallion. Whoa, baby.

John

13. buzzm2005

buzzm2005 Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Buzz
    (Attempting to steer this thread back something more mainstream....)

What year did the TR get the auto seat belt and what year did it lose it? I think the 512TR drivetrain is a great one and I am starting to warm to a gunmetal grey 512TR driver with good history but I can't deal with the crazy seatbelts.

14. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    maybe this has something to do with it.
    "Maintenance just keeps the riff raff from owning one".

pretty funny when you think about it. Few people here know anything about each other.

15. kerrywittig

kerrywittig Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2005
    Ithaca, New York
    Full Name:
    Kerry David Wittig
    Low self asteem and worth............LOL........

No just injecting a "possibility"............

Trailer trash paranoia...........could be.........

Full of #2............................definetly.

Owning a TR.........................Lucky

K

If this TR only gathering for 2009 becomes reality.................No golf or fun ride...............Group therapy sessions, YES!

16. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    No it isnt.

Answer the question grasshopper ;).......when has someone said that a working class stiff couldnt?

17. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    i can tell from your profile you have never owned a tr and must be jealous of the seatbelts. The ones in the boxer just not good enough, eh?

18. jratcliff

jratcliff Formula 3

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    And foot massages.:)

John

19. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Funny coming from you......since not to long ago you mentioned to someone that if they couldnt afford the mortgage on a summer home a TR was not likely.

Why you doing the double talk then ?

20. kerrywittig

kerrywittig Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2005
    Ithaca, New York
    Full Name:
    Kerry David Wittig
    Group hug.......................

As far as the seatbelt thingy.......

You can defeat the autos and install "stationary" belts quite easily............Mine has the autos and they are no longer in the way. The previous owner "restored" to the stay in one place system.

Kerry

21. buzzm2005

buzzm2005 Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Buzz
    The ones in the Boxer are fine; the Mondi too, but only up to 1989. Starting in 1990, there was some safety reg that lasted for a few years that gave us both the big knee bolsters and seatbelts that tried to put themselves on. I am not sure what year that stopped. 93? 94?

22. kerrywittig

kerrywittig Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2005
    Ithaca, New York
    Full Name:
    Kerry David Wittig
    I can afford...............no double talk.

If you know the costs and you can afford the costs............jump. It all comes down to what is "important" to each individual. I for one can afford the costs, I can afford the "mortgage" on a summer place............I can't disect each individuals economic history/situation.................use common sense and crunch the numbers...............if a catastrophic problem of $20K is gonna freak you out, then you should not be in an F-car/Lambo/summer home/etc........... So once again if the summer getaway is not in your budget..........a TR may not be your best choice..........Simple...........Kerry

23. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    no one disputes this....i still want to know when someone said directly or indirectly a working stiff couldnt afford the elusive ferrari. You said this is the reason for the fighting (YOUR DIRECT WORDS)....i think its you all along that has been stirring the pot and using foul language and causing this thread to get into a pis..ssing contest.

24. kerrywittig

kerrywittig Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2005
    Ithaca, New York
    Full Name:
    Kerry David Wittig
    I agree.............................Kerry

25. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003