Wife saddened | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Wife saddened

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by carguywidow1, Oct 4, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Maybe since he was behind the scenes people took that for granted a bit? I'm sure he was respected and will be missed by those affected by him. It's a shame you had to remind people of this but many are caught up in their own happenings.

2. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Please accept my Family's belated condolences to the Family and Friends of Ellery Koch.

He was obviously a respectable man, and we mourn your loss.

May He Rest In Peace.

3. dmaxx3500

dmaxx3500 Formula 3

Jul 19, 2008
    sorry,r.i.p.

4. NHeerDesign

NHeerDesign Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2006
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Nick
    I only knew him in passing – he was the first person I talked to when I first set foot in ZR Auto (still not a customer, but I can dream). He was a truly interesting, funny and knowledgeable person, and will be missed.

I'm very sorry for your loss. My condolences.

5. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    My deepest condolences and may he Rest In Peace.

May I add how nice of all the USA FChat members to pass on their condolences to someone they do not know.

6. ferrarilover

ferrarilover F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Barrie, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    Christopher Bailey
    This comes as a huge SHOCK and SURPRISE. I didn't know Ellery personally, but have seen him in the circles for YEARS, when I lived in Calgary. I always had this feeling he was at the top of his trade in the fact that ZR had him on staff and he worked on some amazing vehicles.

Mrs. Koch, my deepest sympathies to you and your family. Thank you for sharing this with us on FerrariChat as he deserves this tribute thread and his memory to remain alive with the legacy.

Chris Bailey

7. ijvpet

ijvpet Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2002
    Calgary, Alberta
    Full Name:
    John P
    My true deepest sympathies. Today is the first that I have heard of this.
    I am greatful for Ellory for making a car I had so much trouble with into the most special car I ever owned. His personality and passion for his work was always first class.
    He was an absolute pleasure to talk to and always approachable. He will be sadly missed.

I regret not being there at his funeral. Has I known, I surely would have been there. This is shocking news.

8. mwr4440

mwr4440 Five Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Bavaria, The 'Other' Germany
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.
    Maam,

Having lived in Germany for the past 20 years, the honor of meeting your husband was never afforded to me. Sounds as he was one of the least obtrusive, always behind the scenes; asking for nothing and giving everything; in a word or two, "ALWAYS Making it Happen." Those are the ones I admire most.

I am truly sorry for your and your family's loss.

RIP Mr Koch

V/r,
    mwr4440

9. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Very sorry for your loss.

Very best positive thoughts and wishes to you and your family.

10. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    Deep condolences for your loss.

11. ferrarilover

ferrarilover F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Barrie, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    Christopher Bailey
    it appears many are surprised to hear of Ellerys passing. This occured about 20 days ago and his widow brought it to everyones attention. Does anyone know what happened?

Chris

12. FBI

FBI Formula Junior

May 27, 2008
    Calgary,Ab
    So Sorry for your loss. I do live in Calgary but have never known him.. But by the sounds of him I wish I had the honour of doing so.

God Bless you and your Family.

13. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    So very sorry for your loss. I would have liked to have met him.

14. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mrs. Koch:

While the information of your husband's passing may have gone unnoticed to some, I hope you are able to gain some measure of closure from the many people who have posted here to comment. As you can see, many of us on F-Chat have strong opinions about politics, cars, football teams and religion, but we all hold one thing important--family. Family is important to us all, and we never step over the line of decorum when it comes to serious family matters.

Your loss is certainly painful, and you have every right to question why people may not have responded, but I hope you can take some comfort in the quick and unanimous responses you have here at F-Chat. The members here send our best wishes to you and pray that you have some comfort and closure in the knowledge that your husband's passion was shared by many. While I never met him, I'm sure I would have enjoyed being in his company.

He and Enzo are having a good laugh together right now.

15. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    There are many people who chose to take the profession of Auto Technician. There is a subset among those that are good, and quietly, almost meditatively go about their daily work. It sounds as if Ellery was one of those folks. I've really only known one such person in my life and they are remarkable people who unknowingly spread happiness and goodwill in many directions. In many cases the happiness goes to those owners who's happiness ultimately has radiated out from what Ellery has provided. Because (as it sounds) Ellery has chosen to quietly go about his profession and bring his personal joy from his profession and from his family, he may not have attained the fame of others, but your loss is our collective loss and that is hard to summarize. I'm sorry to hear you have lost a man so good at so young an age.

16. Solobagpiper

Solobagpiper Karting

May 6, 2009
    Piedmont, California
    Full Name:
    Mark Frost
    Your husband sounds like he was a wonderful human being and a great car guy. I'm terribly sorry for your loss.

17. ghardt

ghardt Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Thank you for posting this on F chat. While i never knew your husband, I know other like him. May he rest in peace!

18. climb

climb F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Atlantic Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Stuart K. Hicks
    Hopefully you've found some comfort in posting here. So sorry for your loss.

19. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    So very sorry for your loss he will be missed by many on this site. I was lucky enough to meet him on several occasions, in fact he was the first person I met when I first arrived at ZR autos last year very friendly and a true Tifosi of the car world.

20. ztunelover

ztunelover Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2009
    Calgary, AB
    Full Name:
    Krish
    I've only seen Ellery once when I visited at ZR. I just wanted some preliinary info and he was very helpful. I didint know he passed away. That made me very sad. He was so nice to me. My deepest sympathy.

RIP Ellery

21. Otter

Otter Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2008
    Franklin,NC
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Very sorry for your loss, as an aircraft mechanic in my past life, we realize being behind the scenes can keep us a bit anonymous, But he should be remembered properly, from reading some old posts it he certainly helped a lot of people when they needed it, good man!!Otter

22. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG
    I did not know him, but I am saddened for your loss.

PDG

23. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    My sincere condolences.

24. Nero308

Nero308 Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Yoshi
    I did not know him but am very sorry for the loss of your husband. My deepest condolences.

25. ExoticSpotter

ExoticSpotter Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2008
    May he RIP... I am very sorry for your loss.