Wilber shocks? | FerrariChat

Wilber shocks?

Discussion in '308/328' started by HotShoe, Oct 20, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    I did a search here now that it's shock time for me and I only found a few people using Wilbers.

They seem like a great shock, made in Germany, rebuildable, 22 clicks. Anyone here recently install them or have any first hand experience?

Just want to be sure I check all my options before deciding.

2. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    Nobody?

I guess the QA1's are the majority favorite.

3. Hotzos

Hotzos Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2004
    Parker, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Gomez
    I have them. Really like how they feel -- and the drop the car about 3/4 of an inch. Do a search on Wilbers -- i believe i wrote something up and there were a few comments posted as well. They are not super stiff but at the same time they do NOT roll like my work Koni's did. They are also lighter. The solution is plug+play -- no need to swap parts etc from the old shocks.

4. cavallo_nero

cavallo_nero Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    colorado
    Full Name:
    Giovanni Pasquale
    Hey man how you been, how do you like those Wilbur's, I'm going to order a set for my 308. It looks like it's the shock on their web page the C40 TS with different article numbers front and rear. Is that pretty much what they sent you. I don't know if it makes a difference because my car is a euro and lighter, I sent them the weight I think they ask for it . Hope you're doing well, let's meet at the Mike Ward Supercar Saturday one of these days this summer I always bring my 308 there.

ZikZak likes this.
  5. ZikZak

ZikZak Rookie

Dec 18, 2023
    Vancouver/Los Angeles/Miami
    Full Name:
    Dickie Maxwell
    I'm looking to purchase a set as well; Wilber is what Mototechnique on their restomod 308s.

6. Nicgt4

Nicgt4 Rookie

Feb 16, 2022
    Mtl, QC, Canada
    Full Name:
    Nicolas Fournier
    I had a set on my gt4, really good quality and comfortable but I wasn't able to play with height so I change for Gaz coilovers. Still has the wilbers if anyone interested.

7. cavallo_nero

cavallo_nero Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    colorado
    Full Name:
    Giovanni Pasquale
    i mingt be interested, call me, 303 880 2205
    John

8. sltillim

sltillim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2009
    San Diego
    there are many options but we are so stuck in using what everyone else is and not venturing out to try other options. I would like to get a set of Ohlins Road & Track, KW or really into the Intrax 1K2 with their ARC feature that prevents nose dive (all of these are more high end). On the lower end but very good I like the Bilstein Evo T1. There are no Out of the Box solution from any of these. You would have to call them. Intrax will deals directly. I have met a guy at bilstein that said he would help me build a set to my specs. I am also willing to put in the elbow grease and dollars to try a couple spring rates to find the best setup - I like the Intrax best for a couple reasons - 1 they will make to my specs - eye to eye shock / strut, compression and rebound adjustment in single click, coated for long lasting performance, the ARC slows unwanted movement like sway and nose dive, there is an addon spring rate adjuster part that can stiffen for a track day or autocross, rebuild able. They also have a lift kit option.

9. sltillim

sltillim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2009
    San Diego
    Pretty rad to revive a thread from 2013!!!

10. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    I've been pondering messing with the lower a-arm mount to see if a little angle would help with that. It's below get it running on the list so maybe in the fall.

11. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    #13 HotShoe, Mar 16, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2024
    I got Intrax years ago. They seem to be built great but I had an issue with the height. Using the springs they sent on the absolute lowest setting I still have a huge gap up front. They set me a second set of springs and it still didn’t change.

Unfortunately I got no where with them solving the issue and just gave up. They insisted it was because my car was stripped down (it’s a project car), or installation error and that once the weight was put back on it would be correct. It 100% is installed correctly.

I tested this theory by placing 400 pounds of weights where the spare tire would go and the front gap didn’t change one bit. They wouldn’t listen and again insinuated I did something wrong.

Something definitely isn’t right. I hindsight I should have went another proven route.

Attached Files:

cavallo_nero likes this.
  12. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    Springs are about the easiest bit to sort if you have a coil-over setup.....just order a shorter spring, the are about $160/pair. a quick look at shows eibach offers 400lb/in in 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14" spring lengths. So pop yours off and see how long they are, then order the the next short length to try. If they don't do it send them back and get another set, I went through a few before I got what I wanted.

The smaller issue I have now is the shocks i bough were for much softer springs then I settled on and have more travel than I can use, so when I jack the car up the springs are about an inch from the retaining nut. It drives fine but they do offer little helper spring to solve exactly my problem so I'll probably add them at some point