Wild Chopper Photos | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Wild Chopper Photos

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by WILLIAM H, Apr 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    OMG that is crazy!! Now if only they had a way to leave the light streeks then it be perfect.
    How much for one of those puppies?

2. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    2WD bikes.
    Yamaha entered this year's Paris Dakar race with a 2WD version of the 450WRF (basically a rider frienly version of the motocross oriented 450 YZF). Bike did well in the first stages (sand, mud, and tight courses), but when they hit Africa, there was no way a 450 single could hang with 660s or 950s twins. It still managed to win a stage in Spain. Rider was frenchman enduro rider David Fretigne.

About those choppers. The hubless one is awesome. Reminds me of Sbarro's sportbike perhaps 15 years back. Was cool. Others are like ... well ...choppers. Not fond of it. I admit watching all the shows on Orange County and West Coast Choppers (Jesse James), and while I admire these guys for having a great idea (broadcasting their job) and building decent bikes, their bikes do nothing for me (agreed, over hype ... that doesn't fool the real enthusiast). Only choppers that I find interesting are those from Gasoline Alley. Really old school, I'd say bikes with no bling and a lot of personality. I like 'em a lot.

But I'd trade any of these for a nice roadster bike (Kawi Z1000, Buell ... etc etc)

3. FastTalk

FastTalk Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2002
    Calabasas, CA
    Full Name:
    Adam Alexander
    Dodge Tomahawk
    0-60 mph: 2.5 seconds (est.)
    Top Speed: 300+ mph (est.)

500 bhp (372 kW) @ 5600 rpm (60.4 bhp/liter); 525 lb.-ft. (712 Nm) @ 4200 rpm

10-cylinder 90-degree V-type, liquid-cooled, 505 cubic inches (8277 cc)

356-T6 aluminum alloy block with cast-iron liners, aluminum alloy cylinder heads

Bore x Stroke: 4.03 inches x 3.96 inches (102.4 x 100.6)

Two pushrod-actuated overhead valves per cylinder with roller-type hydraulic lifters

Sequential, multi-port electronic fuel injection with individual runners

Compression Ratio: 9.6:1

Max Engine Speed: 6000 rpm

Fuel Requirement: Unleaded premium, 93 octane (R+M/2)

Oil System: Dry Sump; takes 8 quarts Mobil1 10W30 Synthetic Cooling System:

Twin aluminum radiators mounted atop engine intake manifolds, force-fed from front-mounted, belt-driven turbine fan. Takes 11 quarts of antifreeze.

Exhaust System: Equal-length tubular stainless steel headers with dual collectors and central rear outlets

4. FrostCS

FrostCS Karting

Mar 3, 2004
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    To those mentioning 2wd road bike's, Yamaha has been experimenting with different technologies for years now. Their was an article this past fall/winter regarding current developments, but in a quick (1 minute) search I couldn't turn up that article. Their experiments have been based on their R1.
    Here is a little article from a few years ago mentioning some benefits and history of their findings.
    http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/detail?sectionID=50677&documentID=115794
    Didn't mean to interrupt your cruiser thread,
    CS

5. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Rokon made one i will have to look to see if i can find a picture of it. was not exactly a rocket ship. more for slow back woods riding.

6. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Can anyone explain how a hubless wheel works? I'm thinking a gearing arrangement to the edge of the rim, but still not sure of it. Looks incredible and I wish someone would get it into production on a car.

Mark

7. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Still like yours, Adam, notwithstanding the Jesse James hype. (and love the pipes, too).

8. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    Just think of it as a giant bearing. I remember the Sbarro sport bike had a chain transmission ... and the sprocket was just as big as the tire! lol