Will Chevrolet be showing the 2020 mid engined Corvette anywhere at Monterey? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Will Chevrolet be showing the 2020 mid engined Corvette anywhere at Monterey?

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by bitzman, Jul 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 328gts1987

328gts1987 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 11, 2007
    Rotterdam Holland
    Full Name:
    Fred
    #26 328gts1987, Aug 20, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    Thanks for sharing guyes here another Corvette only ELECTRIC !!!! Genovation/conversion.
    Drove this one Saturday at the Carmel Valley Rd to have a feel of this car. It is fast, very....very fast. Why?
    It has 2 electric motors and 5 battery (800V) packs but most important, it has a 7 speed gearbox!
    Electric-car having a gearbox! In 3rd gear the wheels still spin like a kitten, crazy! I drive a Tesla S for 4 years (next to Ferrari) and never experience something like this! They told me it goes as fast 0-100km/u as a Bugatti for 1/4 of the money. Still a lot of cash but also a lot of fun!
    Stats: 598 kW, 949NM, 0-100km/h in <3sec, top >350km/h.
    Here are some pics (no movie as I had to hold on, both hands! on the steering wheel).
    The rear vents are for cooling the diff & gearbox. The hot air exit is hidden into the rear tail-lights, clever!
    First delivery in 2020, only 75 will be built as a start.

The new era has arrived by Corvette having engine in the back or being fully electric!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    i saw the car too. I think they should have put it at the Quail, where some could have bought it with pocket change. They showed several wheel choices, color choices and two bucket seat choices, The booth was sma;;, no larger than a rwo car garage.

3. 328gts1987

328gts1987 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 11, 2007
    Rotterdam Holland
    Full Name:
    Fred
    It was standing (just outside) the Quail before the ticket check. Still impressed by the sheer speed of the thing (and list price)...