Will I be happy with a GranSport?? | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Will I be happy with a GranSport??

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by rzundel, Feb 7, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TBigs

TBigs Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2010
    NW Ohio
    Full Name:
    Terry
    #151 TBigs, Jul 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Looks like the twin of my car, except for that third photo….for some reason. :D

Blue might be a traditional Maserati colour, but if that is 90th Anniversary Blue then it is anything but traditional. It was supposed to only be used on the 90th Anniversary Spyders but a handful of coupes were ordered with that colour too. Very hard to find. It looks fantastic in different lighting conditions, btw. Have a look at sunset some time.

Good luck, I hope everything works out!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ges11t

ges11t Rookie

Jul 2, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Oscar W
    Thanks TBigs, the steering wheel on the wrong side? You mean the right side? LoL...

The seller said yeah this is a rare colour only available on the LE version. Do you have the light grey (gray) interior as well?

3. TBigs

TBigs Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2010
    NW Ohio
    Full Name:
    Terry
    I have not heard the LE only story. Yes, same grey interior with blue piping, although I also have the carbon fibre package, interior and rear wing. I think you have emblems on the sail panel and I do not. I thought about adding them but got used to the clean look without. Otherwise identical, I think.

It has been a great and trouble free car. I keep threatening to sell her but have yet to put her on the market. One of the last designs by the great Giugiaro. I'm sure you will enjoy it immensely. Buona fortuna!

4. trustno1

trustno1 Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2011
    nth boring
    Full Name:
    IN COGNITO
    #154 trustno1, Jul 6, 2015
  5. Frari

Frari Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    brisbane australia
    Full Name:
    tony
    Congrats I hope the Ppi is good, I have had mine for 8 months now and love it. Still find it hard to drive flat out as it has so much grunt and the extra seats are great for young grand kids.only problem I have had has been a blocked air con drain which overflowed onto the seat/window ecu however dealer replaced under warranty. I am sure you will love it, new set of tyres for me soon so will look at ride heights etc.have had a few f cars eg 360 and gas breaks traction in the blink of an eye so I think more torque than 360 430 v8 is superb, I hav carbon fibre console Nero paint black leather plus leather hood lining, I love the lines of this model, all the best

6. ges11t

ges11t Rookie

Jul 2, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Oscar W
    Yeah maybe the seller was just exaggerating :). Yes I have the carbon fibre interior (steering wheel, dash and console) and the emblems as part of the LE package but not the rear wing (optional). I will be picking it up tonight, I can't wait... GRACIAS!

7. ges11t

ges11t Rookie

Jul 2, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Oscar W
    Ahhh... another blue maser in OZ, good to know. Are u in Sydney? I'll be joining the maser club and there's a drive to Canberra next weekend.

8. ges11t

ges11t Rookie

Jul 2, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Oscar W
    Yeah the car passed full inspection: no corrosion, no accidents, no sticky buttons and only 9% wear on the clutch. The only issue are the rear tyres will need replacing soon. It's currently got Pirelli P Zeros atm, any recommendation for tyres with a balance a durability and performance.

ps. what's Ppi?

9. TBigs

TBigs Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2010
    NW Ohio
    Full Name:
    Terry
    The carbon fibre package has more than the standard carbon you listed, including the door inserts, door sills, the rear wing, and perhaps more….can't remember. All stuff you can buy and install yourself if you like. I like the colour contrast of the black carbon against the grey leather and blue paint.

Picking her up tonight? PPI must have gone well. That's great! Looking forward to the report of your drive home.

10. TBigs

TBigs Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2010
    NW Ohio
    Full Name:
    Terry
    PPI = pre-purchase inspection. Looks like yours went very well.

Personally, I would match the rear tires to the front tires, so P Zeros if need be. That way all four tires behave the same way. Then next time change all four to a different brand if you so desire.

11. trustno1

trustno1 Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2011
    nth boring
    Full Name:
    IN COGNITO
    Tyres

Goodyear Asym F1

u can go 1 size wider

ie F =245, R= 275

12. trustno1

trustno1 Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2011
    nth boring
    Full Name:
    IN COGNITO
    nope - MELBOURNE.............worlds most livable city :)

13. ges11t

ges11t Rookie

Jul 2, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Oscar W
    First drive:
    Reversed the maser out of the garage, put it in 1st gear stepped on the gas then wheel spin haha... mind you it was raining at the time and the rear tyres are pretty worn out. Coming from an SUV, visibility out of the rear windscreen wasn't that great but it's not too bad considering it's a sports car. Front and side visibility was good, the seating position is great because you can see the front of the car (considering it's a front engine car). I've been in some sports car where the bonnet (hood) is so long and you're buried low in your seat that you can't barely see above the steering wheel. Haven't been able to drive it on a dry tarmac yet but first impressions are good. Great feedback from the steering wheel and the ride wasn't too harsh even in sports mode.

Questions:
    - Anyone know how to get your hands on a soft copy of the operations manual. The car came with many booklets but no manual. Seller said that's what they got as well.
    - Is the steering wheel adjustable (height and reach)? Unable to locate the lever.
    - Can you turn off the anti-glare on the rear view mirror?
    - Are there seat warmers or were they an option?

14. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    mine has them, not sure about option or not. kind of hard button to find between seat and door.

15. ges11t

ges11t Rookie

Jul 2, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Oscar W
    Yup found it. All my questions has been answered after I found the owner's manual online. If anyone needs it, here's the link:

http://www.maserati.com/mediaObject/COM/models/Heritage/LUM/Gran-Turismo/GranSport/MY06/69501400_M138_UM_usa/original/69501400_M138_UM_usa.pdf

It's annoying that you can't turn off the anti-glare on the rear view mirror. There are other quirks on the car as well but I can live with them no big deal.

Next Mods: changing the stereo, tint the windows, change the rear wing.

16. MaseratiCorse

MaseratiCorse Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2014
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Is it still possible to purchase the OE carbon fibre parts? (Door sills, door card trims, rear lip)

17. trustno1

trustno1 Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2011
    nth boring
    Full Name:
    IN COGNITO
    yes u can but u don't want to know the cost

Eurospares is the source

18. MaseratiCorse

Nov 13, 2014
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    I wasn't able to buy the handy fire extinguisher from them so thought it may be the same case with the carbon.

+1 on the pricing. I presume they are a special order? (hate to think the pricing for a new MCV splitter - 9K aud I think!!

19. trustno1

trustno1 Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2011
    nth boring
    Full Name:
    IN COGNITO
    Yep splitter is around that - carbon kit for MCV is a special order due to blue/blk weave around $7k aud. for std GS, blk/white combination probably a bit cheaper.

For fire extinguisher, several options available, inc. chrome version that I saw on a US site - (mine sits under the passenger seat within easy reach)

20. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Random question, I have read about the battery issues on these cars. With me living in the northeast, do you think I will have a problem with cold starts in the winter (10-20 degrees) if I don't have a trickle charger?

21. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    If you don't drive every 5-7 days.

22. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Excellent, thank you. It will be a daily as well so no worries there.

23. sammyf

sammyf Karting

Aug 13, 2004
    Just want to say I like mine a lot more than I anticipated... I've put on 2k miles in 2 months. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. MaseratiCorse

Nov 13, 2014
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Can it be ordered from Zags? (Carbon sills, rear lip, etc)

25. ges11t

ges11t Rookie

Jul 2, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Oscar W
    #175 ges11t, Nov 18, 2015