Will Lewis' career have an asterisk? | Page 17 | FerrariChat

Will Lewis' career have an asterisk?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Ferraripilot, Oct 30, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    The British media always come up with an excuse for why Hamilton underperformed that had nothing to do with him, it was always that lousy Mercedes he has to drag to the top with all of his skill....Anyone believing that the Ferrari was better than the Mercedes is delusional, as a tifosi I truly wish it would be the case. Ferrari closed the gap significantly this year, but Mercedes was clearly the quicker car and much stronger PU, particularly in qualifying. There is not a driver on the grid that would not have rather driven the Mercedes in lieu of their car if they wanted to win. Hopefully next year Ferrari will get ahead of Mercedes.

2. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    I think Lewis learned a lot from his 'mistakes' last year,and is now in a much better frame of mind,not least of course because he does not have to deal with Nicole etc.Much less tantrums and complaining ,drama etc than in 2017.

Anyhow i believe he fully deserves the WDC this year,he has moved up a notch as the total driver package.MB must be extremely pleased.

F1 is mainly about the car still ,but there is also a certain kind of mind set that you need to achieve,Lewis has it right now.

kraftwerk likes this.
  3. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    You are the one doing the convincing here, with your continual string of posts about Hamilton long before I entered this thread about Hamilton, or others about Hamilton.

You continually bring out a continual string of accomplishments and achievements. You are really good at making sure Hamilton is recognized frequently as one of the best, or the best on the grid.

4. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Do you really believe yourself when you say things like that? The entire F1 world agrees that the Mercedes remains the fastest and most dominant car since 2014, and this year, has simply had a more narrow set up window that has allowed others a look in at certain events, yet you alone think the ferrari is the fastest car out there, despite our drivers unable to get regular poles (which the fastest car should of course be able to do at will) nor win many of the races (which the fastest car should be able to do) whereas the Mercedes has done so, and even their contracted number two has had poles and wins with it

Wake up and smell what you're shovelling bud! :)

NEP and stavura like this.
  5. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    To be fair, I think a little more balance is needed. Everyone knows (whether they admit it or not) that the Merc has been the best overall cat this year with the most powerful and most reliable engine. Fact.

However, within the F1 community, I don't know anyone that says that Hamilton is an average or ordinary driver. The general concesus is that he is in the top tier of current drivers. Fact.

6. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    I am happy to help...but may I ask what exactly these "accomplishments and achievements" are that I bring up?

7. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas

He's also gone from **** to **** however

daytona355 and Ferrari 308 GTB like this.
  8. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    He loves stalking/ talking about him that's for sure :D

9. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    "Stalking"??? Seriously???
    I obviously love to discuss and Group44 is delivering a lot of forward passes to do so ;)

Bas likes this.
  10. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    Why do you have to ask? You've just made a thread with a poll about how great Lewis Hamilton is. That would be just one recent example.

11. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    "how great Lewis Hamilton is"...you did not even understand the question of the poll....it is not about greatness, it is simply whether people believe he is the best driver in the field or not. But I actually did not expect anything else...Some people are obviously not able to differ between the person and the driver and all those who can are labeled "blind, clueless, haters" or whatever is the word of the hour. I still do not hate Lewis but I get the impression that some of his fans are the worst F1 fans in history putting those drunk Germans shouting "Schumieeee" in their shadow easily...

daytona355 and Bas like this.
  12. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    P, I went into more detail of why your posts result in singing the praises of Hamilton in a much earlier post.

But anyway, I've been watching some videos of Hamilton pre-hybrid area.

Just wow, his ability to use the brakes beyond other drivers!(And he was still doing it in F1 until the Hybrids came out).

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  13. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    What a dice up.

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.