Will there be a Casa Ferrari 2018? | FerrariChat

Will there be a Casa Ferrari 2018?

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by BLACK HORSE, May 16, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Does anyone know if there's going to be a 2018 Casa Ferrari in Carmel during car weekend in August? I know last year's 70 anniversary took the place of it....

paulchua likes this.
  2. mvaldezf60

mvaldezf60 Karting

Feb 16, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Great question, I am curious as well. Ill keep an eye out for any news, some of the painters I work with are usually involved in the setting up of Casa Ferrari.

3. poljav

poljav F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Pol J.
    That'll be great if someone can confirm, definitely one of the highlights of the week.

4. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    I believe, like last year, there will be a hospitality setup at Pebble Beach near the first tee.

5. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Well... that sucks!

6. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
  7. 365GTC/4

365GTC/4 Formula 3

Apr 7, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    The old Casa was fantastic PR for Ferrari. Last year I dropped into the McLaren PR event and they treated me very well and I am not a McLaren owner, just a fan of Bruce. If I was in the market for a new car, that event would really sway me. Very hospitable. Great company PR.

SECRET likes this.
  8. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Yes, Ferrari is again setting-up hospitality on the course like last year. Invitations are via your dealer.

9. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    I just received an email from the Ferrari Club of America on behalf of Ferrari North America inviting owners of Ferrari "spiders" to apply to display their cars at this year's Casa Ferrari as part of the "Ferrari Classique Showcase". That does mean that cars without Classique Certification need not apply. There is no further description as to what Casa Ferrari is this year other than it is part of the Pebble Beach Concours.

LARRYH likes this.
  10. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Car has to be at least 20yrs old to apply

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

11. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    The entire Classiche certification process takes many months. I’m currently going through the final stage of the process. If a car isn’t certified now it won’t be a candidate, unfortunately.

12. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    The new Pista Aperta will be presented by FNA/Factory at Casa Ferrari, hence the request for Spiders to be shown.

Marcel Massini

Way2fast and Rossocorsa1 like this.
  13. FerMaz

FerMaz Formula Junior

Feb 11, 2007
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Truly a very snobby event. Ferrari hospitality is going from bad to worse.

14. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Actually, I attended last year and it was a fantastic gathering of passionate Ferrari lovers. Ferrari did an amazing job with hospitality set-up. I can’t recall one negative about the experience. I’m looking forward to this year again.

15. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    To get in Casa Ferrari is a ticket is required for Pebble?

16. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

For the hospitality, yes.

17. FerMaz

FerMaz Formula Junior

Feb 11, 2007
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mel
    I went to Casa Ferrari when it was on Hwy 1 and it was great. Went in had a drink and an hoer derv, bought a couple of sweaters and it was nice. Now I am told that If you just want to go to Casa Ferrari you have to buy a ticket for $950.00 and it admits you to Pebble beach. .I am not even going to be there on that day. Is the info i received correct or can you get in to hospitality at Casa Ferrari without a $950.00 ticket.

18. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Yes, they basically changed the model last year. They moved Casa Ferrari right onto the course off the first hole. You’re correct on the ticket price but you get a lot with it. They have constant meal service available all throughout Saturday and Sunday with really first rate cuisine, as well as open bar. They also have a couple presentations from factory officials. I have not received the itinerary for this year yet, but I’ve been told that they will have the Pista Aperta there, in addition to the Pista. Each dealer received a certain amount to offer to clients for purchase. They also will feature a special car display along the first fairway that is open to the public. This years theme will be the history of Ferrari open top cars (Spiders, Targas, etc.). Last year it was a display of the iconic modes over the 70 heat history.

19. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    Ok, someone fill us in. I contacted the dealer via email and received no response. Didn't get through (but didn't try hard) via phone to reach the salesperson I had started talking to about a new order. My car isn't from that dealer as it was purchased used. I think the perception of snootiness comes from the lack of communication with Ferrari owners. I do feel left out despite owning a Speciale!

Echoing other comments, places like McLaren seem more open to welcoming others. The tradeoff was that this year's McLaren hospitality suite in Pebble was a disappointment -- way overcrowded and way too little drinks/food/space.

20. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

I think you answered your own question with your description of McLarens hospitality. I’m sure this isn’t what you want to hear, but Casa Ferrari is primarily a VIP invitation event and each dealer receives a small number of invitations. Having said that, if one is invited, they still need to spend $950 per person. Every person at Casa Ferrari that I met was a standing dealer customer and most have multiple cars. It was a three day event with very high end food, open bar and the Pista Spider reveal. Again, it isn’t a consolation to anyone, but the point of the event from Ferrari’s viewpoint is exclusivity. Still, even for those who couldn’t attend the hospitality itself, all the cars, including the Pista Spider, were on full display for the general public.