Will there be a F12 "HGTE" Announced at Frankfurt in September? | Page 87 | FerrariChat

Will there be a F12 "HGTE" Announced at Frankfurt in September?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Ferro458, Mar 8, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I think we all know, almost 100%, it will be at Mugello World Finals

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Congratulations for reading post 2109 !

3. 911C4S

911C4S Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2011
    apologies for missing a post in a very long thread.
    what bothers me more is that i still did not get a confirmed allocation. probably all have been assigned by now and i am left with the 488GTB....
    peter

4. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    did you have genuine reason to believe you should have qualified?

5. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    His ownership history appears to be one new 458

6. 911C4S

911C4S Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2011
    true, but there are other qualifying factors than ferrari ownership history.
    peter

7. TheL

TheL Karting

Jan 11, 2015
    EU
    It think in all the countries are mandatory, just see some dealers add the amount of those options to the basic price and others are not

8. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    News to me. Would love to know a better and cheaper route!

9. jomana

jomana Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2004

Like what?

10. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Please elaborate.

11. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    Maybe SM is his uncle? ;)

12. 911C4S

911C4S Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2011
    like professional achievements and standing in the society. to put it in extreme word, they may prefer a nobel prize winner client over a super-rich producer of plastic bottles. the former gives better publicity for them than the latter.
    peter

13. davide b

davide b Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2007
    montecarlo
    Full Name:
    davide
    They consider very important to partecipate at ferrari event, like cavalcade, millemiglia, track days during the ferrari championship ecc

14. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    I can definitely confirm from personal experience that ownership history is not the sole qualifying factor! However I'd also wager there aren't many nobel prize winners among the list of LaF and Enzo owners...Retired rock stars and famous actors/presenters maybe, but that's about it...and plenty of "rich producers of plastic bottles" (or the raw material that helps make them)!
    I personally think the strongest qualifying factor is how much money you spend every year: from Ferrari social and race events, the XX program etc. Second is your support for all models in the range (California T, FF etc.). Third is whether you missed the last limited car (458 Speciale A), whether you were turned down for a LaFerrari etc. Fourth is whether you are close to a dealer that is currently a factory favourite...Not all dealers have the same relationships or the same allocations.

I think they might have a few cars to allocate still, but lots more people are waiting in line. It was much easier with the 599GTO as several enthusiasts, including myself, could get their hands on one given the terrible financial market at the time. Now that these cars are seen as "free money" the competition is fierce and I suspect many will find themselves advertised in the secondhand market at hundreds of thousands of Euros above list price.

15. 911C4S

911C4S Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2011
    i think you painted a very accurate picture. peter

16. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Ultimately is this not the least costly method of getting one of these. Much less than having to spend BIG in the hope you get one?

17. jomana

jomana Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2004
    #2167 jomana, Oct 4, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
    Lol

It's Ferrari not Harvard.

18. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I think that's an accurate description, and I doubt many who bought just one new Ferrari in their lifetime would qualify for a limited car, unless they were the Pope, so my question still stands Peter, do you have genuine reason to believe you should have been allocated a car?

19. 911C4S

911C4S Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2011
    i am not the pope but some very well connected people think that i might be allocated a car. this is why i tried but i am not going to shed tears over it if not....
    peter

20. crazyblack

crazyblack Karting

Aug 6, 2011
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Oliver
    In Germany, except LaF, the dealer decides, which customer gets limited models. Not the factory.

21. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I think you are only partially correct. The dealer selects but then those selections have to be approved by the Factory and that is a worldwide formula.

22. crazyblack

crazyblack Karting

Aug 6, 2011
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Oliver
    There is no approval through the Factory for limited cars, except LaF. LaF is sold through factory, not by dealers.
    The dealer descides. Only if people complain at the factory, he has to explain his decision. Confirmed by CEO of Ferrari Germany.
    First hand experience with 458 SA order.

23. MisterMaranello

MisterMaranello F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    Two sides to every story. The dealer sends in their list of names that they wish to receive a car for, and the factory makes the final call. Naturally it will be in any dealers interest to forward as many they believe are 'qualified' names as possible. Yes, LaF was sold directly from the factory, yes you are reliant upon your dealer "choosing" to forward an allocation in your name - but the factory has the final selection. I wouldn't be surprised if for cars like the 458 Speciale A and F12 VS there were/is at least 200% demand from dealers relative to available slots. For LaF Ferrari received over 700 letters of intent for the car at the point of public unveil, and this passed 1000 after Geneva.

24. carlom001

carlom001 Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2010
    For my 458 SA, yes my dealer decided, but for the F12VS I was told by both my dealer and the F12 global brand manager who came out to present the F12VS at the private viewing here in Melbourne that the factory had their own list of eligible names for Australia. I know for a fact some of the factory names did not match up with the Aus dealers' suggested names. I was lucky enough to be on both the dealer and factory list.

25. 911C4S

911C4S Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2011
    my dealer's allocations were already gone when i came in. one to a prince of kuwait and the other one to a plastic bottle producer or the like:::)))) we did a pitch for an additional allocation.
    peter