Will there be a F12 "HGTE" Announced at Frankfurt in September? | Page 90 | FerrariChat

Will there be a F12 "HGTE" Announced at Frankfurt in September?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Ferro458, Mar 8, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JasonSpidey

JasonSpidey Karting

Nov 8, 2010
    Art houses can do that because they're usually selling one-off items that have already been completed. With a limited-series Ferrari, you're selling 400+ effectively identical items. People are gonna be PO'ed if they find out they're paying more money than their neighbor/friend/rival for the exact same thing.

Also, resorting to an auction-style system runs the risk of excluding those loyal Ferrari fans who have been buying cars for years, but may not have the bottomless pockets of the modern oligarchy. If each F12 SWB or LaFerrari just goes to the highest bidder, you'd see a lot more of them in the hands of Russian billionaires and Saudi princes and a lot less of them amongst, well, us.

The current system is hardly ideal—it could certainly be more transparent—but it beats the heck out of an auction-based selling system.

2. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I can't say which system is better but one shortcoming I see with the auction system is the chance that the bidding plateaus or worse it actually goes in reverse. As correctly pointed out, they have x number of items to sell. An auction would either be all of them at once and maybe it takes time to find all those customers or perhaps they could pace out the sales.

I think its better for them to more tightly control the information. And I think that is their right. They seem to have a pretty good system figured out for themselves- though it can be frustrating for many of us at times.

Interesting idea on the auctions but I don't think they would do it.

3. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    Ferrari leaves no money on the table. Marketers today refer to owned and earned media. Ferrari unlike most brands has never required traditional paid media to advertise. But they have spent fortunes on building their owned media (F1 for example) which has powered the brand. Today there is social media. 500 millions pics uploaded each day to Facebook alone. Next year there will be VR. Earned media (media that is created for free by fans etc) is now huge and the stuff marketers dream of. Ferrari know that the earned media created by the hype around LE values is now a tangible commodity that can be tracked and valued. And in terms of media value it could easily be worth hundreds of millions. An auction would be expensive and counter productive.

4. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    This thread is supposed to be about a car....not about monetary issues or values.

Can we get back to getting excited about the car?

Please!!!!

5. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    #2230 dcmetro, Oct 10, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
    Thank You peter !

So what's going on with Castel Gandolfo ... Didn't you say the unveiling will happen there in a few days ? (BTW did you get your Special A ? )

6. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    Apologies Peter. I guess I'm a geek as I find how Ferrari markets its cars - including its pricing and distribution strategy - as intriguing and exciting as the cars themselves. This very much applies to the F12 VS, perhaps even more so than other recent LE examples.

Anyway, taking your lead, apart from TdF, what would be your top five colour choices for the F12 VS? Thanks.

7. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    Interesting.

8. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I have seen the car, and think it is the dogs nodgers. A very significant engineering effort, and a swan song of the NA V12 that does Ferrari proud. I think when someone like Chris Harris tests this baby, the superlatives will run out. Ferrari at its very very best.

9. markonex

markonex Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2015
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco
    PERFECT WORDS
    I know that all these aspects are important, but who loves Ferrari, loves it because it means especially PASSION, not only money
    Me, even without having a Ferrari, I'm likely more excited than many just cause I have the possibility to see it at Mugello this year :)

10. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I am very excited for this car!

11. cridom60

cridom60 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2007
    France
    Full Name:
    dominique
    +1!!

12. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    I presume you couldn't be bothered to read the previous posts before adding +1, to understand the context of the many monetary related posts from many different people in connection to the impending and very exciting official VS launch.

And while these particular posts may seem bizarre to some people, last time I looked monetary related items are a very important component to owning and running a Ferrari; it is very much part of the experience. Ferrari wouldn't have it any other way. It deliberately uses it to add excitement. It's called marketing.

Personally I find it fascinating the ingenious way Ferrari markets its cars, and the deliberate and successful levels of free media it generates from its pricing strategy alone. Today I still don't know what my VS will finally cost, yet I accept it because it's Ferrari, and because the car will be brilliantly spectacular. As the saying goes, each to their own.

13. speed racer

speed racer Formula 3

Feb 16, 2008
    Burr Ridge IL.
    Full Name:
    PJ

14. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Don't want to speak for Camlet, but I don't think he's into the game for profits...considering the cars he owns and drives them properly.

15. speed racer

speed racer Formula 3

Feb 16, 2008
    Burr Ridge IL.
    Full Name:
    PJ
    I' m sorry if I am not being clear. I wasn't speaking about Camlet specifiacally. I have read enough of his past posts to know where he stands. I am just making a general comment referring to some posts made by others regarding price and I am not entirely swayed by some of Camlet's argument defending their position.

16. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann

17. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Well said my friend :)

18. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    #2243 Marcel Massini, Oct 13, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
    F12 TDF will be publicly revealed today 13 October 2015 mid-day Italian time.
    There will also be online the website/page of F12 TDF and factory communication department will send out a press release.

Marcel Massini

19. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
    f12 tdf........amazing

20. ferr9000

ferr9000 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2013
    Full Name:
    SFF
    Thank you.
    Marcel.I sent you an email with the 288 GTO info.

21. 911C4S

911C4S Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2011
  22. johngtc

johngtc Formula Junior
    Owner

Mar 4, 2005
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    John Gould
    Ferrari announcement:

F12tdf[gruppo%3A+OWNER+-+contenuto%3A+F12dtf+]&utm_content=4058090882&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_term=402173486

23. ZFFDT57

ZFFDT57 Formula 3

Mar 9, 2004
    Europe
    Full Name:
    I've got one
    I very likely will never like the a$$ ugly F12, but that thing looks just great! I'm also glad, that they didn't f**ked up the rims like they did on the 599 GTO...