Will this car toast the ENZO? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Will this car toast the ENZO?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by netviper, Mar 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Here is a quick pic of the Gumball car when it stopped overnight in New Orleans. I really feel lucky seeing and hearing this car in person!

2. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Why even bother comparing it to an Enzo. Consider the amount of work on the Enzo from Chassis, Brakes, Electronics, etc. why even compare a Picasso to this thing. It is an insult to the Enzo, I can understand Allan comparing Lambos as they are much more well thought out machines, but you have to be kidding on this thing. You want a fast car, buy a 427TT Ligenfelter, but to compare the Enzo to this is a joke.

3. bmwmpower48

bmwmpower48 Rookie

Mar 8, 2004
    Greensboro, NC
    Full Name:
    Josh Kinard
    A Koenigsegg CCS would destroy an enzo.

4. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    Nop, it will most likely have some kind of malfunction before it got to 100mph :) If you get the chance, watch the new Gumball: The movie dvd. There's a guy that has just bought it, from new. And it breaks down in every footage it is in on the whole DVD. Everything is wrong with the car :)

5. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    I agree, it looks like a prototype transformer toy. Aesthetics, IMO, are FAR more important than performance. If you have an ugly car that goes like stink, who cares? On second thought, that would be good if you could fly by super fast because then you would not need to subject anyone's eyes to the torture of having to look at that monstrosity.

6. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Spoken like a 15 year old who knows NOTHING about cars... oh, wait a minute, YOU ARE 15!!

7. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Jonas, I saw that too. LOL, you are right, it's a one-off piece of junk. I can put a Pratt & Whitney jet turbine engine on the back of a VW beetle and go 260mph, does that make it the baddest car on the planet? Me thinks not.

8. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti

LOLOLOLOLOL

9. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Really if you want to talk one-off low production numbers, some here could build a better car. Until they make 200+ and all 200 match/beat the stated numbers, I will take notice. FUGLY

10. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Saw this car on top gear few months ago,j-clarkson was blasting it round,
    then the stig blasted it round the track,
    impresive car,

Dale.

11. bmwmpower48

bmwmpower48 Rookie

Mar 8, 2004
    Greensboro, NC
    Full Name:
    Josh Kinard
    I don't see how people think the enzo would beat it. Who cares if the Koenigsegg is unreliable. A ferrari requires lots of maintanance too. Just look at the specs and also watch the Top Gear video. And by the way... The Koenigsegg may be kind of ugly, but the Enzo is one of the ugliest things on the road.

12. Wickeddeus

Wickeddeus Karting

Nov 12, 2003
    Ferrari people talking about reliability? That's funny coming from the car company that admits that they use their customers as test mules.

13. alanhenson

alanhenson Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    Now just put a BMW or Mercedes V12 in it and get Lotus or BMW to make suspension and you may have a car. Ford 4.6 liters have made over a 1000hpo though, for one or 2 passes down the dragstrip. I'm sure it is completely unreliable. You cannot a company's car that does little or no racing to a company that rules any racing they want to, esspecially Formula 1. The Enzo would kill it. It would never finish. I would be suprised if it even started.

14. Wickeddeus

Wickeddeus Karting

Nov 12, 2003
    Ford proved once already that it can beat Ferrari any day.