Will This Hurt Value Much? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Will This Hurt Value Much?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by beatboy77, Apr 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Maybe not in NYC, but NY has many different types of areas. There are plenty of dogs and cats all over on Long Island, and upstate.
    And to answer your question about a squirrel, no police report necessary. Not necessary for any wild animal, as long as your car has less than $1,000 damage.
    If I remember correctly (and if it didn't change in the past 10 years), the ONLY animals listed are dogs, and domesticated cats.

2. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    A lot of the replies are concerned with reselling it. Did you plan to own and drive the car at all? This is what a PPI is for.

3. jcdeng

jcdeng Rookie

Aug 27, 2015
    I would go and get a PPI from a bodyshop. If they can't detect any paintwork or panel damage, you can show this report when its time to sell. It will definitely sell less than market but you are also getting it cheaper than market right now.

Gh21631 and energy88 like this.
  4. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Agree! Just plan for the same percentage differential on both the buy and sell side and you will be financially OK. The PPI is good confirmation of this strategy.

5. MoreGarages413

MoreGarages413 Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    Suburban Philadelphia PA
    Full Name:
    Jay B
    Pretty tough to imagine an animal was hit and there was no damage. More like, “there was no damage that i processed through insurance, and i paid the body shop cash.”

Again, do your homework. If the car is the right price for you and your needs when you factor in its history, then why worry about it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    If the police show up it gets reported. Inspite of what people think the report doesnt come from the insurance companies.