Williams F1 | Page 10 | FerrariChat

Williams F1

Discussion in 'F1' started by BJMoravek, Mar 3, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    #226 Flavio_C, Jul 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2018

I thought that the Italian and German F4 were both in good shape since many karting drivers decided to leave at the age of 15.

2. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  3. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Williams have decided now they are ARE NOT going to use gearboxes from Mercedes for 2019.

Flavio_C likes this.
  4. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Poor Sir Frank, he can't sack family. :oops:

:p

5. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  6. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Maybe the new look Claire will attract some sponsorship?

7. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    SFW would have to fire himself. Claire gets a lot of flack around here, but the problems at Williams predate her by a LONG time. Aside from their gifted lucky win in 2012, you have to sail all the way back to 2004 for their last real win. 14 years with no results points to an ineffective upper management. She effectively inherited a slowly sinking ship, and it seems they are all happy to let it sink.

william likes this.
  8. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    No, the ship had already sunk when she arrived. She helped rebuild the team for a few years at least but then she decided to pick a driver that was still learning how to drive.

I hope she can turn it around again now that the L plater is leaving :oops:

9. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    Kubica most likely Stroll replacement says Williams

SEPTEMBER 10, 2018

Claire Williams says it is "likely" that Robert Kubica will step in to replace the Force India-bound Lance Stroll.

It is believed Stroll will join his father Lawrence at Racing Point Force India from Singapore, after the billionaire fashion mogul rescued that team.

"We don't know when but Lance will probably leave the team," Williams boss Claire Williams told Speed Week.

"We wish Lance and Lawrence good luck, but it means nothing other than one driver leaving Williams and another taking his place," she insisted.

Pole Kubica is Williams' reserve driver, but it is rumoured that the British team will have to sign a 'pay driver' to help fill the financial gap left by Stroll.

Williams said: "If Lance actually leaves, it's more likely than not that Robert will replace him."

However, she admitted that financial considerations must also be weighed, particularly as Williams is losing title sponsor Martini as well.

"In the current era of sponsorship, it's not easy for an independent team to reach its goals without paying drivers," said Williams.

"We are working very hard on the financial side so that we can sign up drivers with more experience. That's one of our goals for 2019," she said.

Williams has also lost a key contract as a battery supplier to Formula E.

"Formula E was one project, but there are many more for us such as with Jaguar and Aston Martin," said Claire.

As for whether a replacement for Martini has been found, Williams answered: "We are having intensive negotiations, but it is unclear whether there will be one main sponsor or a multi-partner solution.

"What I am confident about is that we will have the funding we need."

10. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  11. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Poor guy.

william, jgonzalesm6 and tifoso2728 like this.
  12. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    He looks like crap to me...he's in the right team...

13. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Was George Russell the oldest boy on The Brady Bunch?

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  14. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Ocon left out it appears. My guess is he will replace Bottas if he has a not great year next year.

15. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Well I for one wish him all the best.

Williams knows how to win,so hopefully it will come back.

As young Russell is a Mercedes boy sounds like long term confirmation of an engine deal.

As an aside for all those (and I was one) if complaining about paid drivers, they have now taken a potential up and coming star. You now see fit to complain about this! So please stop your whining; it’s fing tiresome!!!

16. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    This post epitomises everything that is wrong with this forum. It's just abuse with no substance written by someone who clearly hasn't even taken the trouble to research what they are commenting on.

Why not have a little respect and then just maybe people will have a little respect for you?

showme1946, Nembo1777 and william like this.
  17. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Being British, I welcome another Brit in F1, but a seat at Williams in the current situation is a hell of a challenge !
    I hope it won't end up in tears.

18. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    The mods have recently closed 2 threads that had become very ugly, so they are doing something to address that sort of forum terrorism at least.

19. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I have all the respect i need from the people that matter anything to me around here..you're not one of them. So far i haven't seen anything from him that makes me think he deserves a place ahead of many others that clearly have shown a lot more promise. mercedes simply bought him a place, it's as simple as that. Williams are nothing more then a team for hire, selling places to the fatter wallet, right now they are a crap team, the fact that they're both british doesn't chance the facts.

20. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Yes and it seems like the terrorists got a little victory!
    It's a clever way to do the job, turning every thred that doesn't praise Elton into something so absurd that the mods have no option but to close it .

stavura, fil and daytona355 like this.
  21. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I wouldn't dream to tell the mods how to do their job, but an alternative to your suggestion could be to ban for ever the individuals who become too disruptive on any thread.
    I always believe that the good and decent guys always win in the end.

showme1946 likes this.
  22. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I didn't made any suggestion, the Mods act in the way they are instructed to, i believe that some of them would act diferently if it was up to them. They have a job to do, and they do it to the best of their ability, within the rules they were instructed to. I was banned a couple of times because i broke the rules (even if without knowing it some times) but i never criticized a mod because of it, either i agree with it or not, it's their decision, if i don't like i can just leave. A bunch of Trols that coincidently are mostly Elton fans have decided to disrupt the f.1 section, this is obvious to everyone, and under the safety that states that this section is for all f.1 fans not only Ferrari ones, they have done everything to create problems, ban tiffosi, an piss everyone else. I don't need to state names because we all know who they are, and we also know that not one of them as ever contributed with anything remotly meaningfull for the f.1 section...not one thread, not an interesting argument based on facts, nill, zero. However they did manage to get banned other users who regularly create new treads, bring news, old articles and insight about f.1 and Ferrari.

stavura, fil and daytona355 like this.
  23. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Bye then! Hehehehehehe

24. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Put it this way, Williams can't go much lower.