Willing to look at a 360 at Scottsdale Ferrari? | FerrariChat

Willing to look at a 360 at Scottsdale Ferrari?

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by SeaNile, Feb 2, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SeaNile

SeaNile Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    I am not necessarily ready to write the check tonight but there may be a car I am interested in at the Scottsdale Ferrari dealership. Is anyone local to this dealer and could do a quick once over on a car? If it passed the initial look over I may either fly out or request a more detailed look at the car.

Thanks.
    John

2. LukeF

LukeF Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2009
    PHX, AZ
    Full Name:
    Luke Frampton
    but am too young to buy a car so they likely wont let me and you probably want an adult to do it :D

3. zstyle

zstyle Formula Junior

Jun 28, 2007
    Fountain Hills
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I know Andy Falbo will do ppi but since the car is at ferrari i doubt they'll let someone outside of the dealership check it out since they have their own people. Just ask for history on the car.

4. Under PSI

Under PSI F1 Rookie

May 13, 2005
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I'm not far, how soon do you need this done?

5. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    Good luck! Unless the environment has changed, the corporate lawyers (in this case Penske) have threatened employees with termination if they violate the privacy of previous owners by disclosing any records pertaining to the service of the vehicles. I don't think there's much case law to back-up such a position, but many dealers and service providers and taking this posture.

6. SeaNile

SeaNile Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    I think I asked too soon. I am going to wait a few months before making a move. Unless they call today with an incredible offer, which I doubt.

Thanks.

John

7. Under PSI

Under PSI F1 Rookie

May 13, 2005
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I bought my first Ferrari from Penske (not Scottsdale Ferrari). They provided me with all of the records they had on the car with the previous owner's information blacked out. Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on how you look at it, their detail guy didn't go over the car too well. There was a service receipt in the glove box for a water pump replacement which included all of the previous owner's information including his home, work and cell numbers as well as his charge slip which had his full credit card number on it.

8. AZLambo

AZLambo Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    So THAT'S how you made all your money! :)

9. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    SeaNile, which car was it that you were interested in, I drove by today and the day before on my way home, just curious as they had 3 360s outside.

10. SeaNile

SeaNile Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    2000 360 coupe red/tan 6sp manual. Was having some work done so I am not sure if it would be in the shop area or out on display.

--John