Willing to sell my F430 fast. Big price drop! | FerrariChat

Willing to sell my F430 fast. Big price drop!

Discussion in '360/430' started by Philip in AL, Mar 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Philip in AL

Philip in AL Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2004
    Birmingham, AL
    I'm now ready to stop letting this car sit, and move on! I'm dropping the price to $149,000! You will not find a nicer, as heavily optioned 2006 F430 on the market. Someone is going to get an incredible car and a better than fair deal. Philip

Here is the original ad. I can't figure out how to drop the price in the advertisement.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=5209

2. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    #2 toggie, Mar 11, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  3. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    There's an option to list something similar or something like that, just leave it as it is and edit the price. Later go to the old listing and delete it.

4. bryonj

bryonj Karting

Jan 20, 2010
    Naples, FL.
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Do you have smoked or darkened taillights? If so would you consider swapping for originals?

5. hifipj

hifipj Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2009
    149k for an '06 coupe, and that's the lowered price? Uh, ok.

6. testdrv321

testdrv321 Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Edward Newman
    Hate to bring the reality check... $125k is a sellable price

7. BullsFTW

BullsFTW Karting

Feb 26, 2011
    I just bought a 2006 RED / TAN spider for less than that - in mint condition.. Just an FYI. Good luck either way.

8. E_Man

E_Man Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2008
    USA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Having bought a car from the seller in the past, make sure you get service records BEFORE purchasing the vehicle being offered.

9. porsche racer

porsche racer Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2006
    southern california
    Full Name:
    arthur
    I agree

10. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    And I bring another reality check that should put a real smile on the owners face, he should drive it another 15,000 miles and it will still bring close to $120k!!! Selling it now is throwing a lot of money and fun away.

11. BullsFTW

BullsFTW Karting

Feb 26, 2011
    Actually, it is a great deal - time machine to 2008 required.

12. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I seriously doubt anyone can find one this heavily optioned and very low miles for 125.

Dave

13. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I agree. Some of you guys need to stop spending so much time on Fleebay.

Good luck with your sale! It's a beautiful car. It's going to make some new owner very happy.

14. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    Exactly why I posted he can sell it for $125k with 20k miles.

15. djantlive

djantlive Formula 3

Jun 30, 2005
    creampuff with less option are going for $140k asking at dealers. given private sale but more loaded car, i would venture $135-142k sale price. seller's asking isn't out of this world. if he was selling $125k, that would be throwing it away. glws

16. mmaltersmd

mmaltersmd Karting

Sep 16, 2010
    chicago
    Full Name:
    matt
    asking 149 is reasonable considering sales never go for asking price. I see cars like this at dealers for asking prices between 130 to 150. good luck !! to bad you did not drive it more:)

17. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS

Care to elaborate?

18. FerrariDublin

FerrariDublin F1 Rookie

Jun 14, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Oh oh!

19. hifipj

hifipj Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2009
    I am sure it's a very nice car.

But if he gets 149k for an '06 coupe, even a cream puff one, when Scuds are selling for only 30-50k more than that, I will eat my Ferrari baseball cap. 120-130k is the realistic price range.

But if the market has taken a sudden and huge uptick that I was unaware of, and it does sell for 149k, I will immediately put up my 20k mile cream puff 2000 360 coupe for $99.9k!!!

Here's a great idea - for a quick sale, at market value, list it with a 7-day no reserve auction on ebay with lots of nice, high-res pictures. It will be sold quickly, and you'll receive the market value for the car.

20. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    *gathers up popcorn and pulls up a seat, waiting expectantly*

F1 car and seems only a little high at $149K to me. Beautiful machine. F1 not my thing.

21. Philip in AL

Philip in AL Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2004
    Birmingham, AL
    I will elaborate on E_Man's post (if he is who I think he is). I sold him my 2007 Porsche GT3 RS a few years ago. The car had either 1,400 or 1,700 miles on it. I had the oil changed 2x but did not have the receipts and told him I would get them for him. I never was able to come up with the receipts and I didn't get them to him. My fault? Yes. But I guess I really didn't consider it a big deal since the car was so new and had such low miles. Still, no excuse! And Eric, now that it has come up again, if you still have the car I will call and try to get the receipts.

This car is different. I have every receipt for the car and every single service record. And since I'm so far "off", I'll drop to $145K (that's it).

There was a nice guy from these boards, who actually (1 month ago) flew cross country to see this car. He had the full PPI done (even paid for an oil change afterward because the car checked out and he considered the sale "done"). He had some immediate personal issues and had to back out. If he's still around the boards and sees these posts, I'm sure that he will attest that this car is everything that I say it is and one of the nicest on the market.

22. E_Man

E_Man Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2008
    USA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Philip is mostly correct except that he is leaving some information out. When I bought the car in July of 09 it had 1900 miles on it. Philip took delivery of the car in June of 07. After having a PPI done on the car, seeing many pictures and feeling comfortable with the seller I pulled the trigger. Now included with the car was suppose to be all keys, books, tools and service records. To this day and after many, many attempts I have yet to see one service record for a car that he owned for 2 years??

So just as a warning to any prospective buyers, make sure you get everything up front before purchasing.

23. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    If he listed it with all service records I agree he should have included them but at those miles after a PPI other than an oil change what would even have been done at that point? Did you receive all the keys/tools?

24. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS

Interesting.

25. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    I agree, it is usually the same people yacking about prices who a don't know the particular car, or more importantly cannot afford it, even if it was $100k. I remember a certain person on this site posting about how great a certain 430 was for the price by an EX Sponsor on this site, I went and looked at that car, and I cannot express how bad the condition was, yet this poster who never saw the car was going on about what a great deal it was.