Win 10 Audio sync problem | FerrariChat

Win 10 Audio sync problem

Discussion in 'Technology' started by TheMayor, Jul 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    So, since the last "update" from Windows on my PC, I have the most annoying stupid problem and I cannot fix it no matter how much I search online.

When I stream videos from any source, over time the audio starts to "crackle" and then the audio is AHEAD of the video.

So, I'm I'm streaming a baseball game, I can hear the bat hit the ball before the actual contract. I can hear the announcer say it's a home run before it actually leave the park. What's the point of watching video????

And over time it just gets worse and worse. And it happens in different browsers the same way it can't be them.

Super annoying. I have to stop the video and restart it again but that may help it for a few minutes only.

I've uninstalled the audio driver and reinstalled it. No help. Some people say it can be solves in "battery saver" options. Nope.

Anyone out there heard of solution? If you search on google you can find this issue popping up quite a lot in the last 2 years.

2. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Beginning at the basics, have you checked your bandwidth? Google for your preferred speedtest website. You may find that your ISP is overselling theirs offerings.

3. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Bandwidth isn't the issue. It never did this before and it does it in any location I move the PC to (its a laptop)

4. Continental AutoSports

Sponsor

Aug 22, 2006
    Hinsdale, IL
    Full Name:
    Bobby Williams / Parts Manager
    I in no way claim to be an expert but, are the speakers just shot?

5. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    No its a software problem. I just updated JAVA and for now, its gone. I have an Apples to Apples video I try so I know if its in sync or not in about 5 minutes.

But I've thought that I solved it before and it came back.

6. Continental AutoSports

Sponsor

Aug 22, 2006
    Hinsdale, IL
    Full Name:
    Bobby Williams / Parts Manager
  7. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  8. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Same problem whether using the laptop's speakers or headphones/buds?

9. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    So far the Java update solved the problem. Why? I have no idea. But I ran several 30+ minute videos and they ended in perfect sync. Before it would be out of sync by a second in 4 minutes.

10. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    If you don’t need java, you may want to
    just Uninstall it.

We strip our systems down to the minimum we need, including all the crap the manufacturers install.

The fewer programs and drivers the better.

Wade likes this.
  11. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    That's' interesting because (if indeed JAVA and not an OS/browser update to run javascript) if JAVA is outdated it'll pound away for an update and potentially effect the CPU as well. So, either update, or uninstall altogether (if not needed).

Here's a good primer on JAVA.

https://javarevisited.blogspot.com/2014/12/where-does-java-used-in-real-world.html

12. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    I've got the same issue and have also Googled the heck out of it, tried pretty much everything suggested online, and have pretty much given up on solving it. For now the best "solution" appears to be watching streaming tv in Chrome not Firefox. Very frustrating as I'm normally the one people go to for tech help.

13. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Mine was the same problem on all browsers: Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Opera

14. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Yes, I saw where you posted that earlier - I was talking about the best I've been able to come up with on my system - with an issue that seems to affect a lot of people with no clear-cut solutions.