Window losing seal during high speeds? | FerrariChat

Window losing seal during high speeds?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by JasonN, Apr 6, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JasonN

JasonN Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Yesterday I had my 812 a little over 140 mph when all of a sudden I had a loud rush of air from the drivers window like someone put it down a bit. Sort of caught me off guard. When I slowed, it sealed itself. I never had that happen before. Anyone else ever had this happen?

2. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Yes. I just wish I could remember the car. But it was a Ferrari, and I discovered I had to make 100% sure the windows were always all the way closed before any super high speed driving. Even if the window is 99.9% up, that last little bit allows the air to get in and push it down a bit.

3. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Also refrain from raising the window when it is already closed and quiet while the car is in motion. Many times, that will lead to air whooshing sound from the window until the the door is opened and closed again while stopped. So if it's ain't "broken," don't try to fix it.

4. sandstrs

sandstrs Rookie

Mar 4, 2016
    agreed, same thing happened on my FF.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  5. LordVennFF

LordVennFF Rookie

Dec 3, 2020
    Full Name:
    Alan Venn
    Just reading this 2+ years on from 1st post. This occur to me in my FF at betw140-155mph, kinda scared me for second as I wondered if it was wind screen or pano roof . I backed off gas pedal, lowered windows a tad then back up and that resealed it.

Caeruleus11 likes this.