Window louvres on 308/328 | FerrariChat

Window louvres on 308/328

Discussion in '308/328' started by GoFerrari28, Aug 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GoFerrari28

GoFerrari28 Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Ridgemont, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Spicoli
    If you look at this thread, are the louvres behind the door windows removable? I always preferred the exposed window like on early 308s. Are they permanently fastened to the car, or can they be removed to only show the window?

Thanks

2. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Well, yes, they can be removed by simply unscrewing them from the hinge. Doing so reveals the gas cap and some ugly rubber trim.

All 308 GTB and GTS had louvers. The GTB had exposed windows, the GTS covered the rear quarter with louvers. The GTS can be modded to look similar to a GTB, see http://www.mlcpartners.com/ferrari/308GTSB/ for details.

3. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    FYI: I removed and re-painted mine on my old 308 then affixed 1/8" silver pinstriping to each slat as originally they were painted silver. You absolutely could not tell the difference, they turned out great.

4. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Tillman: I found some larger versions of those pics if you still need them for your bodyshop guy (unless you decided to send them to Marcel Corlett after all).