Window malfunction | FerrariChat

Window malfunction

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Stercrazy, Dec 15, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Stercrazy

Stercrazy Karting

Sep 29, 2017
    NC and FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Winchester
    The driver side window would not rise from the dropped position it takes when the door is opened yesterday. I can hear the window lift motor spinning but it will not go up or down. The window is free, it can be raised and lowered by hand but not with the motor.
    I know there is a regulator system in the door operated by cables driven by the motor. I can see that from the parts manual online.
    Has anyone had a problem like this? If so, what was the cause, broken cable, a stripped gear?
    I will have to get it fixed, of course, just curious if anyone else had experienced it.
    I see nothing in a search of the forum.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

2. Bandit23

Bandit23 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 28, 2016
    Miami
    Hi there,
    I had a similar issue day after I bought my Cali, and the regulator had to be fixed around $800 and change ...(luckily my dealer covered me).
    Should not be a big problem :)

good luck,

Stercrazy likes this.
  3. Stercrazy

Stercrazy Karting

Sep 29, 2017
    NC and FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Winchester
    Thanks for the reply, waiting on an appointment.

4. Stercrazy

Stercrazy Karting

Sep 29, 2017
    NC and FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Winchester
    Gear on the motor was damaged. Regulator appeared to be ok, no real way to check it, but I replaced it because it could have caused the gear to go bad. Warranty took care of the motor and labor, I paid for the regulator part only. At this point in my life piece of mind is the most important thing.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

5. Bandit23

Bandit23 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 28, 2016
    Miami
    nice good to hear :) thanks for the update...