Window noise on 2013 FF | FerrariChat

Window noise on 2013 FF

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by chick50, Aug 13, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chick50

chick50 Rookie

Aug 13, 2018
    Full Name:
    Charles E Hancock
    I just bought this car and on the 400 mile interstate trip from Denver to Albuquerque experienced a wind whistle from the passenger side window. I was on cruise control the whole time. The noise would start. I could make it go away by opening the window slightly but the noise would return after I put the window all the way up. I would cruise for 10 to 30 minutes, trying periodically to put up the window, but the noise would remain until going away on its own. It would then return in 30 minutes to an hour. The speed was not changing. Any thoughts?

2. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Congrats! Make sure the rubber gasket around the windows are all seated. Sometimes they can get dislodged, but it just need a nudge to have them correctly seated. Mine didn't have any wind noise, but I did find a slight dislodged rubber gasket near the rear side close to the b-pillar. I just wiggled it back in.

3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    weird havent experienced that. what i have experienced if the phantom plastic rattle right behind my left ear/shoulder. I have had my kids sit in the back while driving and they cant figure it out!!!!

crinoid and timjen88 like this.
  4. asphaltca

asphaltca Karting

Nov 3, 2014
    Ontario Canada
    I have had that issue at high speeds. There are two bolts under the door that hold the window tracks which can be loosened off and push to the outside allowing the window to be tilted slightly inwards eliminating any gaps.

deltona likes this.
  5. timjen88

timjen88 Karting

Aug 20, 2015
    Colorado/Palm Springs
    I have that rattle as well, no wind noise, but had that in my 430 that was solved only when I sold it :D

6. asphaltca

asphaltca Karting

Nov 3, 2014
    Ontario Canada
    That rattle you are experiencing in the FF is from the light that is near the strap handle mounted to the upper left side in the back seat area. I just popped the light out and put a tiny piece of felt to snug up the function on the inside of the light where the lens strikes the switch. Very simple fix!

crinoid likes this.
  7. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    if this works ill will be as excited as i was when i realized the cup hold thing in the FF slides all the way back and i can put my phone there

and i will buy you a beer

8. asphaltca

asphaltca Karting

Nov 3, 2014
    Ontario Canada
    You will be happy. Just drive along with your window down and when you hear the rattle touch the rear light behind your head. You will know instantly if it is the culprit.
    I'll take that beer at the international meet.

9. ml321

ml321 Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2008
    London/Munich
    The wind noise will go away after fiddling with the rubber seal in the rear corner of the window a bit - I usually need to do that a few times and then it will seal again properly (in my case on the drivers side, so can do while driving)

10. timjen88

timjen88 Karting

Aug 20, 2015
    Colorado/Palm Springs
    I owe you a beer for telling me about that cup holder trick!! Learn something new every day.

11. asphaltca

asphaltca Karting

Nov 3, 2014
    Ontario Canada
    The wind noise is not a matter of fiddling with the gasket/weather stripping . It is due to the window being slightly out of adjustment. I have first hand experience with this issue. Over time with shutting the door and occasionally using the window to open or close the door from the outside it tends to angle very slightly away from the gasket/weather stripping. It is a simple adjustment of the window track that will save you from the whistling reoccurring.