Window Sticker Recreation | FerrariChat

Window Sticker Recreation

Discussion in '612/599' started by Soto Veloce, May 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Soto Veloce

Soto Veloce Karting

Aug 7, 2005
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Chris Heller
    Image Unavailable, Please Login There have been several threads over recent years regarding efforts to reproduce lost or damaged original Ferrari window stickers. While some have been successful in the past getting the Ferrari Dealer that took delivery of the car to reprint the sticker, the consensus on this site seems to be that this is something dealers are no longer able to do. I was recently able to independently corroborate this through a friendly personal contact that I have at Ferrari of Seattle.

I recently purchased a 2007 612 Scaglietti and unfortunately only received a black and white photocopy of about 4/5ths of the original sticker (attached). I contacted the previous owner (also not the original owner) to make sure that he did not still have the original or at least a better copy. He does not.

My search to recreate the window sticker has led me to Chris Rieman at www.stuttgartstudios.com whose business it is to recreate very authentic-appearing Porsche and BMW window stickers. I reached out to him to see if he would be willing to recreate a Ferrari window sticker. He said he does it on occasion, but only on a case-by-case basis depending on how much information has has to go on.

What follows is his most recent reply, which I think those of you looking to replace a lost or damaged window sticker may find very interesting:

Hi Chris-
    Ive been messing around on the computer w/this. I think your Scag is doable. The biggest hurdle I have is getting the dimensions and proportions right. Typical Porsche stickers are 16x10 and I think these Ferrari ones are fairly similar, but nothing is exact and by just using online photos or photocopies, things get skewed and out of place and don’t line up precisely the way they should. We want this to be perfect.

Do you know of anyone with a 2007 Scag or 2007 Ferrari with the same design format (not all 2007 Ferrari stickers appear to be the same -- the EPA is different on some) that has their original window sticker we can use as a guinea pig?

Even if they did not send the sticker to us personally (which is always preferable but I totally get the apprehension), having a completely flat scan of the window sticker would help immensely -- even if it has to be scanned in two pieces and I have to stitch it together in Photoshop. As long as I have the entire flat scan in however many pieces and know the precise dimensions of the sticker, I can fit everything properly and re-draw the sticker from it.

My ballpark cost estimate to tackle this is $100-150 above the Porsche/BMW window sticker price we have, so just add that markup to whatever you would end up ordering. If you know of others w/2007 Scags in need of stickers as well, I can spread that $100-150 over multiple stickers to reduce your cost by the corresponding fraction. I may also be able to offer that on any Ferrari using the exact same sticker design -- provided the owner has ALL of their pricing/options/dealer info, etc. Yours has no guesswork b/c you had a b/w copy, but I have zero historical data on anything post-360 Modena, so Im at the mercy of others providing this intel for me and I just don’t have the time or wherewithal at the moment to do all that research. At this point I can commit to the artwork and printing only -- as long as we can get a donor scan file I mentioned.

The owners on Ferrari Chat might be a good place to start to see if someone can offer up a donor sticker and scan it for us and take proper measurements. If they do Id be happy to provide them a PDF of their sticker for their archives for free.

I roughed up parts of the sticker this week using what you sent me an some other online photos, but its still sort of half-assing our way to success. If it was a Yugo, half-ass might be good enough, but if we're going to the trouble, we should produce something on par w/the Porsche/BMW stickers we do. In fact I insist on it.

Best!
    Chris

CHRIS M. RIEMAN,
    STUTTGART STUDIOS
    [email protected]
    937-361-4630

So...is there anyone out there with an original window sticker for a 612 that has the same formatting and layout as mine who would be willing to send me a perfectly flat color scanned image along with the exact dimensions of the sticker? You could black out the VIN if that is a source of concern for any reason.

This is a quest that I am not ready to give up on! Any help would be much appreciated.

Chris

2. Soto Veloce

Soto Veloce Karting

Aug 7, 2005
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Chris Heller
    Image Unavailable, Please Login I just received this “rough mock up” of my window sticker, which was accomplished using the photocopy that I attached to the original post and some images off the internet. I think it looks pretty good, but Chris from Stuttgart Studios says that it is deceiving and that a scanned original and the correct dimensions are still necessary to make it perfect.

If anyone is willing to help supply me with a scanned copy of an authentic window sticker I would really appreciate it. You can email me at [email protected].

I have read several posts over the past few years of people looking to reproduce their window stickers. I think this could be a great solution to that problem.

Thanks,

Chris

3. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    This is interesting. Ferrari never generated a window sticker for my 612 at all, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

4. Ferrari27

Ferrari27 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2010
    Chris. You mentioned other threads on this subject and there is a very strange one currently in the F50 section if you have not already seen it. You may find some details there but I would recommend that you DO NOT contact the person who started the thread. If you have already seen this thread you will know what I mean. If you have not read the thread you will know what I mean when you do!

An observation. I have never really looked at the content of these stickers and when I saw your mock-up I thought I would look to see what information was contained. I was very surprised to quickly spot that there are spelling mistakes. One the top line the text says "parts content imformation (sic) for this vehicle". The misspelling of "information" appears to have been transferred across from your photocopy. Other copies online seem to have the same error. However, on your mock-up, there is another error that has crept in on the next line where it now says "assembely" instead of "assembly" as per your photocopy. You may want to proof read the mock-up before it is finalised.

It does seem strange that the word "information" is spelt incorrectly on all of these stickers on the top line but appears to be spelt correctly in other places on the same document.

Robert

5. Soto Veloce

Soto Veloce Karting

Aug 7, 2005
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Chris Heller

Robert,

Thanks for the close proof read. I hadn't looked over it that closely, as it was just a rough mock up, but I will be sure to go over any final proofs very carefully if I ever get that far.

Interesting thread indeed in the F50 section. The fact that I would be recreating the window sticker does not bother me. I was initially hoping to have the dealership that took delivery of the car reprint the sticker before finding out that that is no longer an option. Even that kind of reprint wouldn't have been truly original even if it did come from a Ferrari dealer. I just want it because it looks cool and, like the tool kit, manuals, compressor, cover, etc...just belongs with the car.

Hopefully someone will come forward with a donor sticker so I can make this happen. Remaining hopeful.

Chris

6. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Don- The Monroneys were only applied by FNA after they arrived for preparation. Yours bypassed all that.

7. Soto Veloce

Soto Veloce Karting

Aug 7, 2005
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Chris Heller
    Success!

While no one on F Chat had a window sticker to donate, I reached out to Marino Performance Motors in West Palm Beach, Florida where they have a 2007 612 Scaglietti for sale with its original window sticker. The sales manager Gil Courchene was extremely helpful especially considering I wasn’t looking to buy anything from him. He graciously agreed to scan the sticker for me and even took out a ruler to give me the exact measurements, which Chris Rieman at Stuttgart Studios needs in order to accurately reproduce it.

Interestingly, as was pointed out by Robert earlier in this thread, the word “Imformation” is not only misspelled on the photocopy of my original sticker but on several other Ferrari window stickers that I have found on the internet. I am going to have it reproduced the same way in the spirit of authenticity. It will also make for a good story in the event anyone looking at my sticker ever points out the error!

Once again, thanks to Gil at Marino Performance Motors for going above and beyond the call of duty.

If anyone else is interested in having their window sticker recreated you can reach out to Chris at www.stuttgartstudios.com, though he did caution that one would essentially need to provide him with all the information on the sticker in order for him to recreate it.

I’ll post the final product when it is all finished.

-Chris

Andrew Pour likes this.
  8. davidnz

davidnz Rookie

Apr 13, 2018
    Carrollton, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Nazem
    Love to get one for my 2012 458 ....anyone willing to pdf a Donor sticker?

9. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    I have scans of quite a few if that would be helpful.

10. Soto Veloce

Soto Veloce Karting

Aug 7, 2005
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Chris Heller
    Terry,

Do you know if Ferrari Monroneys have anything printed on the back side or if they are blank?

Chris

11. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Not only applied, but generated in the first place! That's what surprised me. Of course, I have my invoice from the factory, which I think is better.

12. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Chris- As far as I know, all Monroneys were one sided and some even had adhesive on the back side.

13. Soto Veloce

Soto Veloce Karting

Aug 7, 2005
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Chris Heller
    Thanks.

The guy recreating my sticker specializes in Porsche and BMW stickers and states that some Porsche stickers in the past have had some print or graphics on the back side. He also says that syntax and spelling errors are not uncommon on Porsche labels, so the errors on Ferrari Monroneys are not just an Italian thing :)

Chris

14. Jgivoo

Jgivoo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2016
    New Jersey
    Speak about spelling errors.....My 2008 F430, per the window sticker, had "chrome planting exaust pipes" a $652 option.

15. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    As they used to say about Ferrari owner's manuals, "they were translated from italian to english by someone who knew neither language!"

16. Soto Veloce

Soto Veloce Karting

Aug 7, 2005
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Chris Heller
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Window sticker arrived today. It really looks great. I have one copy that is laminated so I can have it out for people to see and hold without ruining it and another copy that I will eventually frame and hang on the wall in the garage.

I want to once again thank Chris at Stuttgart Studios for such a great recreation and the guys at Marino Performance Motors for helping me with the donor sticker.

17. Jgivoo

Jgivoo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2016
    New Jersey
    Nice work. That looks fantastic. Do all window stickers for the various models have the same dimensions?

18. Soto Veloce

Soto Veloce Karting

Aug 7, 2005
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Chris Heller
    I have no idea. When the guys at Marino Performance Motors scanned the sticker for me they also took out a ruler and made measurements, which for this sticker were 13.75x8.25 inches. This is quite a bit smaller than Porsche window stickers, which evidently are more like 16x10 inches.

I do know that the format and layout of the sticker varies quite a bit from one model to the next, even during the same model year. For 2007 the stickers for the F430, 599GTB, and 612 were all a little different.

19. 338Lapua

338Lapua Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2015
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tony
    From what I have observed, the sticker is the same size for the 360-488 models. Also, the top box which contains "dealer to whom delivered info" is also the same size for the models indicated. If I recall correctly the other boxes contained with in the sticker are the same size although the information within each of those boxes will vary.

20. Jgivoo

Jgivoo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2016
    New Jersey
    Good to know. Thank you

21. UDPride

UDPride Rookie

Sep 17, 2007
    Ohio
    Hi Soto-
    This is Chris from Stuttgart Studios. Glad it showed up in one piece and makes a fine compliment to your Ferrari! Not a sponsor here on F Chat so I wont abuse the fine curators of this site with too much unsolicited promotion. I will just say if there is future interest, let me know in this thread and I will see what I can do and possibly become a future F-Chat sponsor. Ive only done a handful of Ferraris (308, F355, Scag, maybe a 360?), but they are fun and a nice diversion if I have all the vehicles specs and design elements to work with, but I have no idea what the demand is in the Ferrari world. My understanding is Ferrari dealers or the factory are more able/willing to reprint late-model stickers but I dont know if thats old intel.

Ive yet to find a model/year in Porsche/BMW/Ferrari without at least one goofy syntax error or easter egg. I could write a book on the strange and inexplicable things I have found.

22. Peter Serroukas

Mar 9, 2018
    Pleasant Valley NY
    Full Name:
    Peter Serroukas
    I wonder if Ferrari can reproduce a sticker, I have the same problem with my 2007 F430, I really want to find one because my car is Rosso Scuderia and it would be nice to have the sticker since they only made limited RS’s, any suggestions anyone?

23. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Chris and Chris - very nice work!

Peter, I've tried very hard to get one from Ferrari thru multiple sources and have fail. They can certainly do it, but they don't want to.

So, check this out: I contacted Maserati to get stickers for my 2008 and 2013 GT's. It took a month or so, I received both (2 different shipments), both Fedex overnight, real window stickers, zero cost to me. The woman following up was terrific. Better support than I often receive when a paying customer.

24. Peter Serroukas

Mar 9, 2018
    Pleasant Valley NY
    Full Name:
    Peter Serroukas
    Thanks Dave! I didn’t quite understand who to contact though, are you saying you can get them through Maserati?

25. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    To be clear, I was unable to get Ferrari window stickers. I was able to get Maserati window stickers thru Maserati.