Window Sticker Recreation | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Window Sticker Recreation

Discussion in '612/599' started by Soto Veloce, May 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Peter Serroukas

Mar 9, 2018
    Pleasant Valley NY
    Full Name:
    Peter Serroukas
    Oh, I understand now, too bad Ferrari is not as helpful. I’m gonna try contacting them and hope for the best. Lol. Do you have an email for that department at Ferrari?

2. Soto Veloce

Soto Veloce Karting

Aug 7, 2005
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Chris Heller
    Peter,

When I bought my 612 earlier this year and it arrived with only a black and white photocopy of the original window sticker it became a bit of an obsession to figure out how to get it reproduced.

I first searched F-Chat and found several discussions dating back many years regarding the same issue. As I went deeper down the Ferrari Widow Sticker Rabbit Hole I discovered several things:

1. Ferrari S.p.A. in Maranello (i.e. the Factory) has nothing to do with window stickers.

2. Window stickers, officially know as Monroney Stickers, are required in the United States under legislation sponsored by Oklahoma Senator Mike Monroney in 1958, which mandated that automakers disclose equipment and pricing information to potential buyers. As such, a new Ferrari does not receive a window sticker until it arrives in the U.S. from Italy.

3. Owners in the past who have contacted Ferrari of North America to inquire about recreation of their window sticker have been directed to the dealership that took original delivery of their particular Ferrari.

4. According to some F-Chat members, it was possible for the original dealership to access some sort of database and reprint the original window sticker. All dealerships to this day can print out a factory build sheet with a list of options, but I’m referring specifically to dealerships reprinting the actual full color window sticker.

5. As I began to search for ways to get my sticker reproduced, I first reached out to The Collection in Coral Gables, Florida where my car was originally delivered. Upon asking if they were able to reprint my sticker, I was told the following by the sales associate on the phone, “I don’t know...that seem like a lot of work.” I wish I was kidding about that. I am not.

I then reached out to Ron Tonkin Gran Turismo in Portland, Oregon, which is where I will be having service performed on my car as I live in Spokane, Washington without a local dealership. The sales associate with whom I spoke was much more helpful, but ultimately came to the conclusion that my 2007 612 was “probably too old” to be able to reprint the sticker. It seemed like maybe he wasn’t 100% sure.

Then, in one of life’s strange coincidences, I discovered that my 60 year-old nanny has a daughter in Seattle who is close friends with the Perino family that owns Ferrari of Seattle. Finally I had a reliable source, who I honestly believe would help me if they could, inform me that it was once possible for dealerships to reprint window stickers, but for reasons they did not elaborate upon, it no longer is.

This is the point in the story where I stumbled upon Chris from Stuttgart Studios who specializes in very high quality reproductions of BMW and Porsche Window stickers. The rest is explained in the earlier part of this thread above.

Chris did an amazing job with my sticker, but I did have the photocopy of the original to work off of. Without that information, I’m not sure he would be able to help. I suppose you could create a sticker using another F430 sticker as a template and fill in your info from the factory build sheet, but there is no way of knowing what information and options your original sticker actually contained.

I hope this helps.

Chris

Dave rocks likes this.
  3. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I tried a contact I have at FNA and he didn't respond. Then I tried several dealers we do business with, they tried and came up empty.

4. Peter Serroukas

Mar 9, 2018
    Pleasant Valley NY
    Full Name:
    Peter Serroukas
    Chris, thank you so much for your help, I have a great understanding of how to approach this issue. You’ve been more than helpful and a pleasure to chat with! Have a great day!

5. UDPride

UDPride Rookie

Sep 17, 2007
    Ohio
    I do not have the tools to look up Ferrari options on my end, nor the original sold-by dealer. Owners would have to supply that. I dont have a huge inventory of Ferrari pricing/options data (but its slowly building), but if for instance you have Daytona seats and I have an original window sticker photo from same model/year with that Daytona seat line item, I can cherrypick the syntax and pricing from that. But you'd have to have something from Ferrari to authenticate your specs. Otherwise I have no idea if your Daytona seats were factory, or swapped in later.

So those w/a build sheet of some kind definitely make the process easier. Glove box is usually best place to start for digging up the original dealer, whether its a dealer stamp in the maintenance book, biz card, etc.

6. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I have found that most of the Ferrari dealers are not particularly helpful, especially if you are not purchasing the car from them. My 612 was sold and serviced by the same dealership in Florida from 2006 to 2012 or 2013. They obviously have all of the service records in their system but will not give copies. They cite "privacy" issues however I wasn't asking for the name on the invoices - just the dates and the services performed. Having a good service record for these cars maintains the value, which in the long run benefits dealers as many time they sell the cars again as used down the road (This particular dealer sold the car twice). Working with the Ferrari owners community on reliable service records would seem to benefit everyone, but many dealers just don't want to cooperate.

I tried to have another Ferrari dealer pull the records however they only have access to any warranty work that was done, not to any routine service or service our of warranty. There does not seem to be any central database with Ferrari NA for these types of records.

In addition to the service records, I'd like to get a window sticker for the car. I was able to have Ferrari of Beverly Hills pull the build specifics for my car but there is no pricing on the options added or any dealer added options.