Window Switch Lights Stay On | FerrariChat

Window Switch Lights Stay On

Discussion in '360/430' started by Fv81587, Oct 6, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fv81587

Fv81587 Karting

Aug 18, 2018
    Novi, Mi
    Full Name:
    Frank Valeri
    For all you guys who've already gone through the window switch lights staying on issue thank you for all the posts that helped me narrow the issue down to this point. I've read several threads regarding generally why my 06 F430 window switch lights stay on all the time since the system thinks the door is open or window is active due to a micro switch failure. I've done the easy checks already and both door windows operate correctly (dropping 1/2") from pulling either the inside or outside door handles.

What does seem strange in my car is that the lock button in the center of the door handle doesn't seem to do anything when I pull it. The door panels were off a few months ago so something could have been reinstalled incorrectly. If the door lock micros switches were incorrectly installed could that cause the window lights to stay on all the time? I also recall when working in there that one of the switches made a clicking noise every time I accidentally touched the switch when reinstalling it. Which switch makes the click noise (Handle or Lock) so I can check to make sure I didn't reinstall them in reverse order.

Thank you so much for all your comments, ideas and expertise.
    Frank

2. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    There is a green relay down by your feet on the bulkhead i understand, i have the same problem and keep meaning to look at mine. Someone put the info on here a few months ago

3. Fv81587

Fv81587 Karting

Aug 18, 2018
    Novi, Mi
    Full Name:
    Frank Valeri
    Thanks Mike32. Can you expound on the relay and its location? Are you saying the relay fails closed and keeps the lights on? Is it behind the battery closeout panel? If you still have the link to the old thread you read please forward it.
    Thanks
    Frank

4. vv23

vv23 Karting

Jan 8, 2009
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Full Name:
    V V
    with the doors closed, lift up both lock buttons.

if u dont hear the doors lock or attempt to lock, theres ur microswitch issue.

Either switch is damaged or the harness isnt plugged in.

5. Fv81587

Fv81587 Karting

Aug 18, 2018
    Novi, Mi
    Full Name:
    Frank Valeri
    Guys,
    Thank you for the help diagnosing my issue. I finally got a chance to look into it and I had 2 small easily fixable things. First problem was I must have installed the driver door micro switch upside down the last time I had the door panel off so it wasn't making contact with the door lock switch. Then after turning the switch over I noticed the very small metal contact was bent funny and not making contact with the micro switch button. I bent it back to the original form and reinstalled it correctly and the lock switch works now and the lights no longer stay on. It's never that easy and cheap to fix these cars.. haha..
    Thanks again for your help,
    Frank

Qavion and armedferret like this.
  6. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Love a happy ending :)