window switches pop off if too much pressure applied rolling up | FerrariChat

window switches pop off if too much pressure applied rolling up

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by colonels, Nov 4, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. colonels

colonels Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2011
    my F12 has had this issue for a long time. i trained myself not to pull too hard on the switches but valets don't understand and always pop off my switches. i am guess the retention plastic bit has worn down but i'm not 100% sure.

i've tried superglue around the square post that it sits on but it doesn't work.

anyone have a permanent fix?

2. colonels

colonels Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2011
  3. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Another reason to valet own car.;)

Nospinzone likes this.
  4. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Have a look at this thread. I used the fix on my 612. That was 8 years ago and it is still holding, but I do handle the switches gently. In fact my wife refuses to use the passenger switch, she has me do it from the driver's side! :D

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/heres-a-pic-of-me-pulling-the-engine-out-of-my-612-yesterday.453306/page-8

5. colonels

colonels Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2011
  6. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul

7. colonels

colonels Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2011
    wanted to update on this. this link in the post above is what is showing on scuderia parts as the only replacement for F12 window switch: part number 302236 and 302237
    however i am attaching an image of the part from ebay and it looks slightly smaller, no chrome edges, and the tabs on the back look different
    i do not believe this is the right part at least for my 2016 F12.

ebay also has different part numbers for F12 window switches: part number 267782 and 267781
    the images attached look exactly like my switches, chrome edges, same tabs on the back.
    when i do a part search in scuderiaparts these links come up which are totally different from the schematic link above, and these parts aren't linked to any schematic at all:
    https://www.scuderiacarparts.com/part/239851/ferrari/267782/rh-power-window-button.html
    https://www.scuderiacarparts.com/part/239852/ferrari/267781/lh-power-window-button.html
    i think these are the correct OEM replacement switches

Attached Files:

8. Alexcle

Alexcle Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 2, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alex D
    I ordered a replacement switch and used gorilla gel. No more issues for me- I held it firm let it set. One of the tabs broke which would entail taking apart the tunnel etc.