Windshield Wiper Arms for GTC | FerrariChat

Windshield Wiper Arms for GTC

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by steve meltzer, Aug 5, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. steve meltzer

steve meltzer Formula 3

Sep 18, 2004
    with Enzo 8995
    Forgive my X-posting, but I'm hoping to get more info on my problem.... someone stated that the wiper arms for a late '60's MGB/C and it's accompanying blades would fit a GTC or 330 GT. Can anyone confirm this? It seems too good to be true and seemingly an obscure X-reference. thanx
    steve meltzer, "“With a Ferrari, whatever it is, it’s a $1000. If that’s what it is.”"
    '66 330 GTC, '72 Daytona-red, did they make any other colors?

2. Edc2104

Edc2104 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2011
    Greenwich CT
    Full Name:
    Evan
    Hmmm....

That seems rather odd to me. A lot of parts from other Italian cars, e.g. Alfas, are the same as on Ferraris, but I've never seen something from British cars fit on a Ferrari. But, there is a first for everything.

I'll take a pic of my wipers and post them here when I get it back from my mechanic. I'm pretty sure they are the originals.

3. steve meltzer

steve meltzer Formula 3

Sep 18, 2004
    with Enzo 8995
    I thought the same %$#^ thing, but some of the clamps, and the fuel sending unit I have on the GTC are British. My current wiper arms, tho' not necessarily OEM, are British (marked as such with the patent number). thanx for your help. steve

4. MiuraP400

MiuraP400 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2008
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Possibly, but there are 7 versions to choose from. Do a google search for Moss Motors MGB parts. Look under electrical / wipers and washers / Wipers. Item 31 is the wiper arm, if you click on the info there is a good photo of one of the arms they sell and an explanation that it is adjustable from 10.5 to 12.5 inches in length. If that arm length is correct for a 330 there is a good chance they are interchangeable. You will have to call them to get info on the other 6 versions.

Cheers Jim

5. steve meltzer

steve meltzer Formula 3

Sep 18, 2004
    with Enzo 8995
    i've actually been in touch with them, but maybe I send them my arm and see what they can best match. Would call more of the Ferrari parts purveyors, but afraid it will cost me an arm and a leg (OK, too much California cabernet!) thanx. s

6. jcavalie

jcavalie Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    Oakland, CA
    Full Name:
    Jim
    #6 jcavalie, Aug 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'm not sure where to find replacements, though reoriginals.com and autoepoca.it seem to show them on their websites. I have not done business with either, but a friend was looking for wiper arms for his Lusso project and we discussed these sites - not sure if he tried them or not.

And this site may have blades: Italparts

However, I did check my 66' 330 GTC and I'm pretty sure the wiper assemblies are original, and they say "Made in England" on them. The Trico blades are also original and say "Made in England" on them in two places.

Pictures attached.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. steve meltzer

steve meltzer Formula 3

Sep 18, 2004
    with Enzo 8995
    Reminds me of those brain teasers that my wife likes where you try to find 7 differences between two pictures. Having said that, I think yours are different, but, like mine, are off of some British windscreen. thanx. s

8. Edc2104

Edc2104 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2011
    Greenwich CT
    Full Name:
    Evan
    Those look like mine, too.

I'll look closer at them when I get it back but those are what the originals should look like.

9. steve meltzer

steve meltzer Formula 3

Sep 18, 2004
    with Enzo 8995
    OK, that does look like my arm, but the blade is different.
    Gotta be thinkin' about sending the arm (and blade) to one of the parts places for British stuff and i'll bet they'll have it. i'll keep you posted. s

10. rauldejalapeno

rauldejalapeno Karting
    BANNED

Apr 21, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy Bush
    Steve,
    Ferraris of that era used a great deal of Lucas electrics, of which the wipers were just one system. The wiper motor/gearbox assembly was made by Lucas with Trico wiper blades and arms fitted. We have a large selection of NOS Lucas/Trico stock. Please PM me and I'll give you the details.

Thanks,

11. Len Ely

Len Ely Rookie

Aug 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    Leonard Ely
    Hello all- Was there aver any resolution to this thread?

12. steve meltzer

steve meltzer Formula 3

Sep 18, 2004
    with Enzo 8995
    Thanx Len, As I recall, Bill at GTCP said what I had was fine, and other things took my oxygen. Sorry I didn't close it out. steve